Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenterry85 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 03:49 PM
    Title search
    Are there any free title search web sites to do a title search on a mobile home?:)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2009, 07:44 PM

Hello j:

A mobile home has a title just like a car. I don't know of any place where you can find out who owned your care before you did.

What do you expect to learn from a title search on your mobile home? Do you want to know if there are any liens on it? The DMV can tell you.

What are you trying to do? I'm just guessing here.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 17, 2009, 08:10 PM

You can do a "title" search on property, by going to the court house and looking at every deed ever done to see if you can find any issues.
    Now that is the problem, a title attorney or a title company know what to normally look for, perhaps a married couple with home in both names but only one signs the new deed selling it.
    One of the more common issues

A mobile home normally is not on a deed, but in some cases have been added to the land deed.

Most mobile homes have a title, just like a car. So there is no "search" for the home, whoever has the proper title, is the owner.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2009, 11:36 AM

You can go to the County Auditor's Office. If you have the S/N of the home, and the home is situated in that county, the Clerk can look up to see who was the previous owner of the mobile home. I used to do all the title work at a manufactured home dealer and just for fun I had them look up my mobile home to see who owned it before I did. Yes, they were able to do that. It took 10 minutes of waiting at the counter for the answer. They also told me how much the home was originally sold for when brand new.

The title number is handy to have, but if you don't have the title number, the S/N is the next best bet, and if you don't have that the physical address of the mobile home is the final reference the County folks need to find out who owned the home or who owns the home now. Tax records help. Just go in person and you'll get all the help you want from those nice county folks.
    jenterry85 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2009, 11:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello j:

A mobile home has a title just like a car. I don't know of any place where you can find out who owned your care before you did.

What do you expect to learn from a title search on your mobile home? Do you want to know if there are any liens on it?? The DMV can tell you.

What are you trying to do? I'm just guessing here.

excon
    I am unsure if I have the correct title to my mobile home and I am trying to sell it so I need to make sure every thing is correct there is no serial number on the home and the appraiser came up with different square footage than what it was supposed to be. Can't find anything on the model either. And need to know what's going on.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2009, 11:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenterry85 View Post
    I am unsure if i have the correct title to my mobile home and i am trying to sell it so i need to make sure every thing is correct there is no serial number on the home and the appraiser came up with diffrent square footage than what it was suposed to be. can't find anything on the model either. And need to know what's going on.
    Again, take the title down to the County and discuss this with them. Depending on the age of the home the S/N is located in several places. The most obvious is a small metal tag at the lower outside corner of the home. This can be at any corner. Also, the HUD paper that shows the wind and load capacity of the home and the insulation value should be in either one of the kitchen cabinets or bedroom closets. It looks like the map of the US. Can't miss it. Each home is mandated to have this paperwork in it permanently affixed to it showing the date of manufacture and the S/N of the home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quite title search [ 3 Answers ]

When we sold our home the title company held money back and placed it into an account as when we originally purchased that home we borrowed money from the seller. We made payments through a the real estate agency that represented the seller. After a period the payments started coming back...

Title Search [ 1 Answers ]

How can I perfrom Title Search on my home?

Title search [ 2 Answers ]

I suppose to go to settlement of Friday, and now the title people cannot find the title, the bank that held the title went bankrupt and now they cannot find the title of the house, we had lined up all the utility people, painters, cleaning people and locksmiths now I don't know what to do, the...

Search of Movie Title [ 1 Answers ]

Searching for movie title of a comedy: The plot takes place, I believe,in an little Irish village where one of the villagers wins the lotto, then dies. The whole village becomes involved in a plot for one of the villagers to take on the dead person's identity in order to take claim to the winning...

In search of the title of a movie! [ 2 Answers ]

The title of the movie that I am looking for is a movie from my childhood. I only remember certain things about the movie so I hope someone can help me out. The movie it's self is based around characters simalur to "the league of extrodinary gentalment". With the whole group of more...

View more questions Search