Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OzWaz Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jul 17, 2009, 02:08 PM
    Windows XP User Name and Password
    I am trying to install Dragon Naturally Speaking on my computer. I have come to a part where the program is requiring me to insert a Windows User Name and Password

I have never heard of a Windows User Name and Password and would know what it is or here to find it

When I purchased my computer Windows XP come pre installed and I have never had to proved a Windows User Name and Password before

Not only that but I cannot escape or cancel from this part of the installation program other than turning off power to my computer

Can some help me to solve this problem?

Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 17, 2009, 02:25 PM

Go to Control Panel then Users. A user name HAD to have been set up for you. If yours is the Only user (which it probably is) and there is no password then you would never be prompted when you boot up. Once you find the user name, just enter it when assked and leave the password blank.

Jul 17, 2009, 02:52 PM

Okay I have done that and have found that my computer does in fact have a user name Yeh!! That was surprise but I have done as you suggested and left the password blank and Dragon would not accept this situation so returned and have set a password and dragon is a happy chapply

I have now completed the installation

Thanks you ever so much I really appreciated your prompt help kindest regards

Warren
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 17, 2009, 04:16 PM

Glad to assist. You can now go back and remove the password so you aren't promted for it when you reboot.

Jul 18, 2009, 01:51 PM

Thanks for the additional help that is exactly what happened this morning when I open my computer and before I got you follow advice and I was coming back to ask you if there was solution

Again much appreciated

Warren

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

User name and password under windows registry [ 2 Answers ]

Where windows xp stores user name and password under windows registry?

View more questions Search