Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    piperbob Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 01:32 PM
    1/. Kidnapped boy returns 2/. Gothic community
    Can anyone help with the titles of 2 films, please, and are they on DVD?
    1/. This was a 'B' movie and shown on UK TV when I was 7, in about 1956 (so probably made after 2nd World War). It begins on a stormy night when a couple hear a noise outside their front door. There they find a young boy collapsed and suffering from the cold and rain. They take him in, give him dry clothes and leave to sleep him in front of the living room fire. When the couple return to the lounge, he has disappeared. They search their large house and eventually find him on a rocking horse in the nursery that used to belong to their own son, kidnapped as a toddler a few years before. Then they realise that this child must be their lost son.
    Earlier that day, the boy was taken to the beach by the woman who had kidapped him years before and brought him up as her child, but she died in her deckchair, and the boy wandered off until he came upon the house he recognised. There may have been a scene where the boy stumbled through a field of anti-aircraft batteries, suffering shock from the intense noise.
    The film ends with the boy teaching his new-found real mother, the song that his kidnap mother used to sing.
    2/. This was a film shown on TV about 15 years ago, about a Gothic-type community living in a castle or similar. A young woman kills a baby, knowing that, because she is a virgin, she cannot be punished. The community conspire to ensure that her virginity is brought to an end, so that she can face the appropriate punishment. The scenery and atmosphere are very dark and Gothic-like.
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Jul 19, 2009, 09:24 AM

The second movie is The Baby of Mâcon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Baby_of_M%C3%A2con

Jul 20, 2009, 04:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn F View Post
    The second movie is The Baby of Mâcon: The Baby of Mâcon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    :(
    I have watched a short snatch of The Baby of Macon on Youtube: I don't think this can be it. In the film I am seeking, a young woman murders a baby by smothering. She is found out by the community, but, because she is a virgin, she cannot be punished. The elders of the community deem that her virginity must be lost, and several men are instructed to ensure this. The young woman is finally inspected by an old woman, and it is declared that she is no longer a virgin, and subsequently punished.
    Robert (Surrey, U.K.)
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Jul 20, 2009, 06:35 AM

Check out this review, it has a more thorough plot synopsis: Movie Review - Baby of Macon, The - eFilmCritic

Here's a quote from the review: "The Virgin sneaks in and smothers the child with a pillow. Because a virgin cannot be executed, she is given over by the Church to the local militia, who take turns raping her..."

Jul 20, 2009, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn F View Post
    Check out this review, it has a more thorough plot synopsis: Movie Review - Baby of Macon, The - eFilmCritic

Here's a quote from the review: "The Virgin sneaks in and smothers the child with a pillow. Because a virgin cannot be executed, she is given over by the Church to the local militia, who take turns raping her..."
    This sounds like it could be the one - many thanks for your help. I wonder now how I can get a DVD copy?
    Tetraforce Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 01:57 PM

Official or unofficial DVD?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can anyone identify this gothic style monochrome print? [ 10 Answers ]

The image attached is of a monochrome print/painting that has been in the family at least 50 years, if not longer, would be very grateful to anyone who could identify it Thanks again Dtr34

American gothic [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know a site that I can actually watch the movie american gothic online for free the one that came out in 1988

Gothic, techno/dance/trance, KNOW ANY? [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knew any good bands that are gothic techno stuff... e.g. Abney park, Cruxshadows. :)

Can you file joint Federal returns and separate State Tax Returns [ 1 Answers ]

We lived in different cities so can we file joint federal returns and separate state returns??

View more questions Search