Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babyshooter11 Posts: 84, Reputation: 5

Jul 17, 2009, 01:31 PM
    Jealous of a boyfriend
    All right so I've been dating this guy for a couple of months now and things have been going great. The only problem is sometimes I find myself jealous of him. He seems to party a lot and spend lots of time with his friends. I myself, only have a few close friends which I see rarely and I've never been to a party before in my life. So when I'm sitting at home watching TV and I'm getting texts from him about him partying and playing beer pong (or whatever it is high school kids do at parties now) I can't help but get jealous. I want to know what it's like to party. I wish I could have fun like that. So basically I'm literally jealous of the things he gets to do and I don't know how to handle my jealousy. I'd appreciate all the advice given to me.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2009, 01:56 PM

First off, any game that involves alcohol he is too young to be playing. In fact, he needs to get away from alcohol, and anything else he shouldn't be doing, immediately.

Second, go make yourself some friends! It doesn't have to be close friends, I guarantee your boyfriend doesn't even have that great of a friendship with them. He just wants to have fun.

Have you tried asking him to take you to a party with him? He should want to have fun with you as much as his friends is he is a good boyfriend.

Did you ever consider that he isn't right for you?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2009, 02:14 PM

I don't think you are going to be very jealous whenever he is arrested for underaged drinking. Find somebody that enjoys your company and you have more in common with.
    Also do not go partying with him or you will be in trouble for just being there if it involves drinking.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 17, 2009, 02:18 PM

So you're at home behaving yourself and you're jealous that you're boyfriend is poisoning his liver and breaking the law?

First off, he doesn't sound like the best influence.

And second off, go find some more friends. There are tons at your school, I guarantee that. Join sports or other after school activities, volunteer, or get a part time job. There are tons of ways to meet GOOD friends.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2009, 02:25 PM
    You already had one post nearly identical to this one concerning your lack of friends, before that your concern was your uncontrollable thoughts of your ex-boyfriend, and now, your concern is jealousy of your current boyfriend? How many more times your going to post about your relationship troubles before you actually get it?

EDIT
    You've actually had several posts that are close to this.

Jul 19, 2009, 12:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot_oi View Post
    You already had one post nearly identical to this one concerning your lack of friends, before that your concern was your uncontrollable thoughts of your ex-boyfriend, and now, your concern is jealousy of your current boyfriend? How many more times your going to post about your relationship troubles before you actually get it?

EDIT
    You've actually had several posts that are close to this.
    Thank you for that rude and unhelpful comment. If you don't want to read the "same story" over and over again than by all means quit reading my threads and don't post mean things on them like this.

Jul 19, 2009, 12:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I don't think you are going to be very jealous whenever he is arrested for underaged drinking. Find somebody that enjoys your company and you have more in common with.
    Also do not go partying with him or you will be in trouble for just being there if it involves drinking.
    It's not the drinking I'm jealous of. I'm jealous that he has more of a social life that's what I'm asking help for.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 06:35 AM

Well if you're jealous of his social life then I guess what I would suggest that you'd try to expand your group of friends... and like Chihuahia momma said: when making new friends you don't have to be concerned at first how close of a friend that person is going to be... But if you go out and meet new people you will expand your group of friends.

Even though you found slapshots post rude and unhelpful he is right about one thing in particulaer, you have posted about lack of friends at an earlier time. And the core of your jealousy here is the lack of friends (am I right?)

Do you have any hobbies or interests that can lead to you meeting new people and potential friends?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2009, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by babyshooter11 View Post
    it's not the drinking i'm jealous of. i'm jealous that he has more of a social life that's what i'm asking help for.
    Yes but you are jealous whether drinking is involved or not so basically same issue. He's there you're here.

Thank you for that rude and unhelpful comment. If you don't want to read the "same story" over and over again than by all means quit reading my threads and don't post mean things on them like this.
    If your posts are related then you are suppose to keep to one post. Not all over the board with similar posts. So slapshot was pretty much right with what he told you.
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 07:44 AM
    Thanks, I never would have known that if you didn't point that out for me... never did I say I didn't want to read it, I just asked you when are you going to get it.

I'm not the one to tell you what you want to hear, and after starting several threads asking, essentially, the same question, it's clear that's what you want. One thread would've been enough if it really was advice you were looking for.

If you're having all these stressful, bad feelings relationship and yourself, why are you in one? I really just don't see the point.

Go back and read all the threads you started, almost all of them have to do with your current or ex boyfriend all roads point to a rebound. If thinks where hunky dory you probably wouldn't have started a single thread.

Jul 19, 2009, 07:47 AM
    I didn't you weren't supposed to post only one thread so sorry for that.

Jul 19, 2009, 07:50 AM

Okay, so maybe I shouldn't have put in all the information about my boyfriend partying, that was probably too much info which gave me totally different advice than I expected. Basically, I'm just jealous that my boyfriend has more a social life than I do and has more friends. The only hobby I have is I play the drums. I have no idea how to make new friends because I'm summer vacation and not in school.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2009, 07:58 AM
    I want to know what it's like to party. I wish I could have fun like that.
    Don't waste your time. That is, unless you like spending the entire next day with a pounding headache, throwing up, dry heaving afterwards (which is even worse) and diarrhea. Not to mention the foolish things you'd say and do (and never live down) while under the influence. Tell your boyfriend to check back with you 30 years from now when he's dying of liver cirrhosis and needs a transplant to survive ; maybe you can give him a piece of yours!
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 08:04 AM
    How old are you?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2009, 08:05 AM
    I didn't you weren't supposed to post only one thread so sorry for that but I feel like I have to keep posting new ones because I'm not get enough advice if any. I'm having trouble getting advice and I don't want to post a question and then have someone basically tell me no one wants to hear it. That's what upset me.
    There's no problem with adding new information to an already-existing thread or even asking additional questions after the fact. And it does make it easier for everyone, askers and responders alike, to follow the situation and use the forum more efficiently. Threads, once started, generally become ongoing "conversations" of sorts so there's really no need to keep starting new ones.

Jul 19, 2009, 08:10 AM
    Thanks, I never would have known that if you didn't point that out for me... never did I say I didn't want to read it, I just asked you when are you going to get it.

I'm not the one to tell you what you want to hear, and after starting several threads asking, essentially, the same question, it's clear that's what you want. One thread would've been enough if it really was advice you were looking for.

If you're having all these stressful, bad feelings relationship and yourself, why are you in one? I really just don't see the point.

Go back and read all the threads you started, almost all of them have to do with your current or ex boyfriend all roads point to a rebound. If thinks where hunky dory you probably wouldn't have started a single thread.
    You're right, actually.

Jul 19, 2009, 08:11 AM
    how old are you?
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 08:18 AM
    I thought you were 20 or thereabouts and in college this whole time.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, same stuff I said still applies, and the younger you learn, the better.

You'll make friends, you don't have to worry about that.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 10:43 AM

Well, since it is summer and you feel that there is nothing you can do about the friends/social situation. You might consider just enjoying your own company until school starts.

To have the gift of enjoying your own company is a pretty good one.

What type of town/neighborhood surrounds the place you live? There might be some activities for you to join... even if we are over mid-way through July.
    Why-Man Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2009, 10:59 AM
    Well, well, well
    being jealouse is a natural response and it can never be ignored, but it can be controlled. You can be jelouse, but never show that. sometimes if we show feelings, other people use them against us. Instead of seeting home watching TV and waiting for his sms just jumb up and try to be with him at that moment. try to make him feel that you want to be with him. One for sure, try to do everyday something different not Strange, and tell him how amazing it would be it you are together. Go to parties, shopping and any place you can have fun in and talk about it. Enjoy your life meet new people have new friends.( I can help u with that if u want). try to always be yourself and go deep in this life.

after all this
    u will see who will be jealouse

:D:D:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jealous boyfriend [ 12 Answers ]

My boyfriend lately has been getting jealous of like any guy I talk to. I did find it cute at first but now it's just annoying the hellout of me because I'm not doing anything at all like only talking. I just want to know how I could make him maybe stop being so jealous or just at least acting...

My boyfriend is clingy and jealous [ 4 Answers ]

I have been going out with my boyfriend for about 6 months and we're very much in love but he calls me 3 times every single day! It was really sweet at the beginning of our relationship. He used to call and say good morning and then later he'd call and say good night but now it's out of control....

My Boyfriend Is too Jealous [ 4 Answers ]

I have been living with my boyfriend for six months. At the beginning he was fine with my 10 year friendship with a man. My friend and I had to stop seeing each other for lunch, because of my boyfriend. We still talk on the phone. My boyfriend hadn’t said anything until last night. He had a...

View more questions Search