Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Racunovodja Posts: 25, Reputation: 0

Jul 18, 2009, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, R:

In fact, you don't have a case against your company. They reacted to the problem by WARNING the guy. They then told you to either accept what they did, or leave....

In fact, that is a reasoned response. Given that it's REASONABLE, you have NO case against them.

excon
    OK... let's see deeper a bit..

Now, the corporation called an "assault" to be a "verbal abuse", issued wrong remedies based on it, and advising me to leave if I don't like it's remedy. (I was not fired).

If you still think this is REASONABLE, then I wish you to just experience the same incident as myself, in the very near future.

If the corporation did not take proper action aftremath, to protect safety of its employees could it be sued?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2009, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Racunovodja View Post
    ok...let's see deeper a bit..

now, the corporation called an "assault" to be a "verbal abuse", issued wrong remedies based on it, and advising me to leave if I don't like it's remedy. (I was not fired).

If you still think this is REASONABLE, then I wish you to just experience the same incident as myself, in the very near future.

If the corporation did not take proper action aftremath, to protect safety of its employees could it be sued?

Obviously you don't want an answer but here's my last try.

IF YOU HAVE DAMAGES CONSULT AN ATTORNEY AND SUE YOUR EMPLOYER.

Your statement ("If you still think this is REASONABLE, then I wish you to just experience the same incident as myself, in the very near future") is petty and makes you look and sound foolish. I believe I can now understand your employer's position in this matter.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2009, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Racunovodja View Post
    ok...let's see deeper a bit..

Hello again, R:

Ok, let's.

The term "assault" is a legal term. The corporation isn't obliged to use legal terminology, nor is it obligated to enforce the law. The corporation identified the event as "verbal abuse", and it responded appropriately.

You had every opportunity to call the police. But you chose not to. It's THEIR job to enforce the laws against assault.

So, in answer to your query, IF the corporation didn't take action to protect its employees it COULD be sued. But, that isn't what happened here. If your attorney says different, I'm happy to be wrong.

excon
    Racunovodja Posts: 25, Reputation: 0

Jul 18, 2009, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Obviously you don't want an answer but here's my last try.

IF YOU HAVE DAMAGES CONSULT AN ATTORNEY AND SUE YOUR EMPLOYER.

Your statement ("If you still think this is REASONABLE, then I wish you to just experience the same incident as myself, in the very near future") is petty and makes you look and sound foolish. I believe I can now understand your employer's position in this matter.
    Thank you for your help. I think I got it from your first post.

It was "exon" who tried to line up its answer with yours, which made me keep responding to the exon in here. Those were not to be compared, since "exon" believes that it was REASONABLE from the corporation valuing the assault as "a verbal abuse". That's why my "foolish" statement took the place.

Thanks for your help again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do I do to protect my son now? [ 18 Answers ]

I don't know what to do now. Me and my son's father went to a mediator today, it was horrible, he changed his story, he lied and tried to make it sound as if I had mental problems and now is trying to get sole custody of our son. I live in the state of Florida, in this state they have shared...

How would I(ceo of a corporation) institutionalize ethics in the corporation. [ 2 Answers ]

Please send the answer as soon as possible. The question is - if I am a chief executive officer of a large corporation , how would I institutionalize ethics in the corporation?

A Taiwanese corporation or a Taiwan corporation [ 1 Answers ]

Which is correct: a Taiwanese corporation or a Taiwan corporation?

Is This right, Can I protect Myself [ 1 Answers ]

I have worked for a Corporation in Arizona for 17 years. Rumors state that this company does not want to pay out severence packages, so instead they will find reason to fire people. There are suddenly many people going on a performance plan. The Supervisor states that they have received orders...

Trying to protect her [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, OK me and this girl finaaly hooked up. We have been going ro about 3 months and I really love. How do I protect without being overprotective like I'm her father or something. I don't seem like an its just somrtimes I worry about her. I did a lot to earn her love and trust and I don't want to...

View more questions Search