Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    104andup Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 12:07 PM
    Didn't shut down hot tub before changing water
    I had a little too much fun in my hot tub and the water became filthy. I decided to change the water, but I didn't shut the power off to the hot tub! Now, of course, it's not working.

Jets 1 and the heater do not work. The hot tub is 7 years old. My question is, when my dad comes home and looks at it, will he KNOW the reason that it broke? Can I blame it on lightning? Just old age?

Thanks!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2009, 01:44 PM

The heaters may have a reset button somewhere. The pump motor may have one as well. Usually heater elements burn out when there is no water, but I suspect that in a consumer system there is a thermal reset for bot the pump and heater.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 18, 2009, 07:35 PM

That tub is protected by a GFCI breaker inisde the panel. Check it from a trip.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trouble changing shut off valve [ 8 Answers ]

Im trying to change out a shut off valve on my toilet. All it does is turn, is this stripped? Or is some kind of compression valve? Thanks for any help

Hot water coming from cold side tap even though hot water supply shut off [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I been having problem for past year now hot water comes from the cold side tap, I only have 1 tap that shares water hot and cold the other 2 I have are 2 separate hot cold and 2 are just cold taps now I have even shut the cold water supply to the hot water tank off, but yet when I run the...

Brown Water Coming Out of the Faucets After Water Has Been Shut Off for Awhile [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! Is that normal after the water supply has been shut off for a short or long while? Also, is brown water coming out after doing that a sign that there is something wrong with the plumbing system? Thanks!

Can one shut off water main valve but leave gas hot water tank on? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if I go away for two days and shut my main water shutoff valve can I leave my gas hot water tank on. I saw two answers To a similar question and one answer said you can leave it on and the other Said you had to shut it off. I am confused now as to whether I can leave the gas...

Shut water main to house, what happens to hot water heater [ 7 Answers ]

I've seen similar questions but didn't see the exact answer I was looking for. I want to know what happens if I shut off the water to the house and Go on vacation and leave the hot water heater on and then a leak in A hot water faucet develops. Would the heater tank drain, overheat, and Cause...

View more questions Search