Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    100Years2Live Posts: 23, Reputation: 6

Oct 17, 2006, 03:03 PM
    She's Not Your Average Girl
    Ok... at a local baseball game I met this girl, we immediately hit it off and made plans to hang out later in that weekend... at school I met her again and she introduced me to her friend. I immediately liked her and asked her to be included in our plans later that week. We went and saw a movie and had a good time... we texted each other a lot and on average we talked ar least a minimum of 45 minutes on the phone everyday for 3 week. Then we got into a fight... and it was a ruff week but were talking again... how can I tell if she likes me or not?? She is the most different person I know and unlike other guys I have a knack for telling if someone is crushing on me. She makes jokes about how she's obsessed with me but there just jokes and I can't tell if she does feel anything for me. We talk a lot... a lot, a lot. And I really do like her... like I feel like this could be my first real relationship. Ive had relationships before but most were like 2 week things. Any and I mean any advice would be extremely appreciated. THANKS!! :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 17, 2006, 04:19 PM
    What is so great with a new relationship you have no idea ever what the other person is thinking or why they are acting the way they do.

Note, taking to them is the best way to find things out.

Sorry no mind readers here ( not even the ones that claim to be)
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2006, 05:20 PM
    One thing's for sure ; you are talking too her way too often and way too long. If you don't cut back drastically now, things are going to get old and stale pretty fast. You'll just have more and more fights and things will be all over for the two of you. The last thing you want to do is give the impression that you're needy and clingy. Maybe you aren't but that's the impression you'll give if you continue carrying on 45 minute telephone conversations every day for 3 weeks on end. Make her a part of your life, not your life. Be involved in other activities as well ; many other activities.You don't want to have too much time for her. Things will work out much better if that's the case.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 18, 2006, 03:50 AM
    Take an honest look around at the life you had before her and have you been neglecting any parts of it to make time with this girl? Your excited about this girl and I understand that, but if you make her your life, you run the risk of burning and crashing like so many here have done and then wonder... wha happened? I was so in love!! Balance your life with the things you enjoy and make time for her, or else all she will see is a puppy dog that's always there even when she would rather be doing something else. Slow down and think as a relationship has to have room to grow. If you were not so available then you would know if she has feelings for you because she would be calling YOU! Go slow and enjoy. She should be part of a healthy well balanced life not your whole life.
    blueshadow_393 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 07:47 AM
    Well unlike the others it seems I've been in this kind of deal, actually Im in it now. All I have to say is follow your heart. Even if it doesn't work out you'll still know you acted by yourself and you acted for yourself. And if this girl is really that great, isn't it worth the risk!
    100Years2Live Posts: 23, Reputation: 6

Oct 20, 2006, 07:24 PM
    I should have made myself more clearer... I apologize. She calles me too and actually carries on most of the conversations. And she is not my life... I have an extremely hectic life and she is just someone who I love to make time for. I talked to my friends about this and they think it may be the thought that I might not be able to date her. Like, a kind of want what you can't have thing. I disagree, I really do like her a lot. And I have put space between us here lately. We actually taked about it and I told her that I hate to give off a clingy/stalker vibe and she said if I had ever done that I would have been the first to know. She make me feel uncomfotable, but a good uncomfortable. I don't know what's going to happen between us but maybe I could get some ideas of past experiences in your lives?? Thanks ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

She's not what I expected [ 26 Answers ]

I'm 20 yrs old. I fell absolutely in love with a young girl by accident. I felt too young (-4 yrs) but couldn't help my feelings. She told me everything I ever wanted to hear as if she read a book about me. I can read people very easily, but not her (at first). Almost two years went by of what...

Kicking an old lady when she's down. [ 1 Answers ]

I've had the misfortune of being disabled with a back problem in 2001-ish. Received Social Security Disability finally in 2003. During all this I struggled to keep my desk at the Realtors office but had to stop. I went from making a good living to nothing! Needless to say.. I stopped paying my...

She's pregnant and I'm a sucker! [ 12 Answers ]

First the main issue and then a little bit of background. My ex-girlfriend, whom I haven't seen in over 10 weeks and presumed that I was never going to see again (which would have been fine by me), out of the blue shows up on my doorstep yesterday and informs me that "she's 17 weeks pregnant with...

So she's gone [ 5 Answers ]

Sad distemperment realms my thoughts, knawing at my heart. No chance to falter and fall into dismalness, *poof* I appear in its hell before the wool burns from my eyelids. Searching the skyline for a horizon that won't come... a clear day sunset that no longer exsist at the end of my day. ...

View more questions Search