Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annieisme123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2009, 08:13 PM
    I changed ip address on wireless network.internet won't work
    I know it was stupid. I messed around w/ the computer trying to change my isp (I heard it's a good idea to change it regularly) and used the run/cmd thing and clicked ipconfig/renew and all that. It put in a new ip address so I used that and left clicked on my wireless network connection, then internet protocol/tcp/ip and then typed the address in thinking that would change it. Now, when I try to get online, it says "internet explorer cannot display the web page. What do I do?? I need the internet and that computer for school and I'm really worried I permanently messed it up.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 08:50 PM

IE7? XP or Vista?

First thing I would try is to right click on your network icon in the system try and choose repair and see if that could help and possibly give you something more to go on if it does not repair it

Next I would try and Reset IE defaults
    -Tools, options, Adv tab, on bottom. Click Reset
    -When done with that, close IE.

Try to get online

See if that helps at all
    techsavy27 Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Jul 16, 2009, 09:42 PM

First of all you have to consult with your ISP. Or
    What Is My IP Address? - How do I change my IP address?
    1. Check that your wireless router is attached to your cable or DSL modem correctly. The modem should be connected to the wide area network (WAN) port of the wireless router.
    2. Connect your computer to one of the other ports on your wireless router through an Ethernet cable. This will allow your computer to communicate directly with your router's settings.
    3. Turn your wireless router off then on again. Wait until all of the diagnostic lights turn on and remain stable.
    4.Turn on your computer and open up your web browser. Enter your router's default IP address. This should be available in the router documentation. If you are prompted for a username and password, enter it. This information should also be in your documentation materials. If it is not available, go to the Router Password website, and look up the brand and model of your router. They have default usernames and passwords for most available wireless routers.
    5. Reconfigure your wireless network setup on the router's configuration page. Change the network name (SSID), encryption type, or password.
    Dont treadonme Posts: 115, Reputation: -6

Aug 3, 2009, 08:49 AM
    computer trying to change my isp
    Do you mean IP address as implied by your subject?

it put in a new ip address
    What did?

then typed the address in thinking that would change it
    Go back there and pick the "automatically" options instead

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet sharing on wireless network (ad hoc) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi this is my first post on here and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a PC and a laptop both with wireless cards. I've managed to connect the 2 and have good signal. I went into my internet connection settings and clicked the check box "allow others to connect through this...

I cannot renew my IP address for my wireless network [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone Can you help me? I cannot renew my IP address for my wireless network. I can find my wireless network in range when I search and when I type in my password which I know is correct I cannot renew my ip address and when I then repair my network it does not work as it stops...

Internet connection on a wireless network [ 1 Answers ]

I finally got my wireless connected but when I try to go on the internet I get "No page found". I talked to the ISP and they said it was a router problem. There are 3 other devices on the router and there are no problems with them. What do I need to do?

IP address wireless network [ 7 Answers ]

My laptop can't find the IP address on our wireless network. I've put in the network key, but it searches and searches for the IP address.

Setting up an Internet Lan wireless Network [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to get wireless internet for my house and I am totally clueless so I hope you guys could help me out here. Firstly I want to share my internet between like 3-4 computers (2 desktop, 2 laptop) through a wireless router. I also hope able to connect all of them through a lan network...

View more questions Search