Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inertia Posts: 308, Reputation: 60

Jul 17, 2009, 10:21 AM
    Just don't place too much emphasis on financial security or you will never be truly happy.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 17, 2009, 10:24 AM

Whether security is an illusion or not, no one wants to worry about if they have enough money to feed their children, or if they'll wake up with an eviction notice, or can pay for medicines, etc.

I'm not saying financial security should be the source of happiness. But you can't say that people that want it are wrong for doing so.
    inertia Posts: 308, Reputation: 60

Jul 17, 2009, 10:28 AM

No, not wrong, just misguided. I'm not downplaying the importance of financial security. However, if that's a goal, it's best to reach that goal independently of a man. I think if you want money, you should make it, not marry it. Chances are, you'll meet someone with the same values and work ethic.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 17, 2009, 10:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inertia View Post
    No, not wrong, just misguided. I'm not downplaying the importance of financial security. However, if that's a goal, it's best to reach that goal independently of a man. I think if you want money, you should make it, not marry it. Chances are, you'll meet someone with the same values and work ethic.
    I completely agree!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2009, 11:36 AM

I know I want a guy that works if I am going to be with a guy cause if they don't then they are always leeching off you and then B!TCH at you when you don't have any money for a pack of cigarettes or a case of beer for them.
    Then they flip out on you if you spend $20. At yard sales. You know they are jumping all over you about it because the way they see it that could have been money spent on them.

That is why I'd rather be with a guy that has something to show for their money.

If they have something to show for their money it says a lot about them. That they are diligent workers, are in charge of handling their money well, have goals, know what they want and go for it, etc...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Older men and younger women [ 5 Answers ]

There's a 40 something old man and a 32 year old woman. They get on well and "click". He told her he liked her couple of years back but she was never attracted or interested. They got together when he went to see her new bathroom (he is in the building trade) and since getting to know each other...

Younger Men vs. Older Women [ 4 Answers ]

Why do younger men (20 something) like older women (35 +)? Are they just looking for a good time? Do they ever think that there could be a future? :confused:

Older Women [ 2 Answers ]

I ended up with an older woman at a club last night. She looked OK for a 57-year-old. In fact, she wasn't too bad at all, and I found myself thinking that she Probably had a hot daughter. We drank a bit, and a had a bit of a snuggle, and she asked if I'd ever Had a Sportsman's Double. ...

Aren't older women great? [ 4 Answers ]

After being married for 44 years, I took acareful look at my wife one day And said, "Honey, 44 years ago we had a cheap apartment, a cheap car, slept on a sofa bed and watched a 10-inch black and white TV, but I got to sleep every night with a hot 25-year-old gal. Now I have a $500,000...

Older Women & Da young guys [ 4 Answers ]

I really like older women-older then me twentys,thirtys, and even early fourtys. I'm a grown man but I got that baby face so when I go to try and talk to an older honey they response sometimes is I'm to old for you and mostly you to long.So my question is what can I do or say to these ladies when...

View more questions Search