Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arabgal Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2006, 12:39 PM
    Keeping up with the Sun
    At the Earth's equator a person would have to run 1,037 miles/hour to keep up with the Sun. Obviously impossible.
    Name the bodies in the solar system (there is more than one) where a running human could, in theory, keep up with the Sun on the body's equator. Help me find the answer please
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2006, 01:08 PM
    You asked basically that same question here... and an answer was given.

You can do the math using the rotation speed of the planet or moon along with it's diameter.

Here you'll find that info for the planets and their moons:
    http://www.nineplanets.org/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keeping my background still [ 9 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to keep the background on my webpage from scrolling with the text? I have an image I'd like to use and have the test scroll over it. I'm farely new to HTML so be thorough. Thanks

Keeping turkeys out [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have a large garden every year that produces veggies like crazy. (A friend calls our back yard "the Napa Valley of Maine" because the garden does so well.) The one problem is with or corn crop: Wild turkeys come through and knock all the corn stalks over just before the corn is...

The Sun in your Eyes? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I need once again another song discoveration :). Okay, if anyone has Sky Digital, there was a... advertisement.. of sorts.. of Late Night films, I think some of the song goes "The sun in your eyes". Hopefully this could help.

Orbit of the sun [ 1 Answers ]

How many miles or kilometres does the Earth travel in one orbit of the sun? Is it constant?

View more questions Search