Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mtngirl20 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2009, 01:10 PM
    Stealing and Lying
    My Son used to steal money for drugs. He has been clean for six months now and is tested constantly by the legal system to make sure of this. I thought the stealing would stop, but he still steals money from us, items from his brother, my prescription pills at times to sell for money. I keep them locked up in a safe, he steals the keys when I'm sleeping. He is an expert at stealing. He has shoplifted in stores for food, ciggerettes and usually items he wants or needs.

Then he denies it, so adamently I start to doubt myself that maybe he didn't steal, but I know he has because there is no other explanation. He is so convincing it's scarey. He gets angry, blows up. We've had him arrested already and he faces three years in prison if he breaks probation and commits another crime. He is clinically depressed, has ADHD, PTSD from an accident he is a recovering addict. He has stopped using drugs which I thought would solve all the problems of stealing, but now he steal for other reasons. Can he be Helped? Is this a mental illness? What should I do?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2009, 01:15 PM

How old is he?
    Is he still going to counseling?
    Do you get a chance to tell the counselor the problems you are having with him?
    Could he be still on drugs and pulling one of the tricks to pass the test?

I know what you mean about the lying and denying I have known a lot of addicts and they really believe what they are saying to the point you do question yourself EVEN when you saw them do it right in front of your eyes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lying and stealing [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old son that constantly lies and steals from his parents. We have tried many ways to stop this behavior but he just continues. Is there and help for this type of problem? There has been two occasions where he stayed over at someone's house and items got missing and we believe...

I have issues lying and stealing and my parents don't trust me now. [ 7 Answers ]

I have had a lot of trouble ying and stealing lately... I have been caught twice and I am addicted to lying, I just can't seem to stop. Does anyone know how to stop this?? I have such a hard time resisting the urge to lie or steal and can't seem to break the habit even though I really want to....

Compulsive lying and stealing no hope? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I am eve33, I joined this site for answers of questions that I have carried with me since 7 years ago, deal with a child that is my biological son and realizing that the problems he is having even today has or had nothing to do with me. I have come to terms that anything that I have tried,...

Compulsive stealing and Lying with my troulbed teen [ 4 Answers ]

I am a mother of 4 boys, my eldest is 16 he was diagnosed with ADD at the age of 4 after bad behavior in Pre-school. He was put on dexamphetamine for his behavior until they had no affected after a few years on them, then switched to Ritalin, which had some good affects until he became withdrawn...

Lying on Federal complaint answer, lying to EEOC [ 1 Answers ]

My question involves court procedures for the state of: Indiana/federal I am suing a govt. agency. They lied profusely in EEOC investigation. I couldn't prove it then. Got copy of investigation record and then KNEW I could prove a few lies, trust me on that. I filed the complaint in fed. Court...

View more questions Search