Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2009, 12:38 PM
    Outside unit running slowly
    My outside air conditioning unit is running slowere then usual, and not cooling the house very well. I just changed the filter which was very dirty. It does not seem to be running any faster. Is there anything else I can do?
    hixton Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Jul 16, 2009, 07:09 PM

What is running slower ?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 07:17 PM
    More info would help
    What kind of system do you have?package or split system
    Brand name?
    Model numbers,2 units if you have that many
    Determine what is running slower, the fan, the compressor, or maybe the indoor blower if you have one
    We would be glad to try and help you
    Could be as minor as just needing a capicitor
    siberianair Posts: 360, Reputation: -4

Jul 17, 2009, 04:59 AM

Try turning it off and waiting an hour or two than turn it back on. Maybe your indoor coil is frozen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C constantly running cooling air very slowly [ 1 Answers ]

American Standard unit, manufacture date of '99, was freezing up, cleaned the exterior unit of build up & debris. Now there is Ice build up on indoor coil. Water on basement floor. The A/C is constantly running trying to cool the air, which it does over time. Just tonight it was 76 in the house...

Microsoft Excel running VERY slowly [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently upgraded two computers at work one runs as a server for 5 others. The one machine was running exceptionally slowly especially opening Excel files. I upgraded both machines with 1GB of ram thinking this would make them really fly ( they were 256meg previously) but no - the machine...

AC Unit Running but No air through Vents [ 18 Answers ]

I have a 2 story home and the AC unit for the bottom floor is not working properly. Unit is running outside, but no air period is coming out of the vents. I went into the crawlspace and nothing is blocking the duct work. I opened the panel on the side of the AC unit and the coil has frost on it....

Unit outside will not stop running [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I have a Lennoxx AC/ Heating Unit that is run by electric. The unit outside will not stop running even though the thermostat is turned off. I have turned off the breaker for now. Any idea what could be causing this ?

Basement Washer/Softener drain running slowly. [ 2 Answers ]

The drain for my Water Softener, Washer, and basement sink sits behind my washer. It is a 2 inch PVC pipe that comes out of the wall, has a visible trap, and stands vertically about 2 feet. The washer drains into the top and the Softener and sink water enter the pipe through a PVC that joins the...

View more questions Search