Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trisco272006 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2009, 09:54 AM
    Electrical outlet failure
    My outlet was working yesterday now it is not working. All the breakers are working just that one outlet is not working. Maybe it is the outlet that isn't working please help
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 16, 2009, 09:56 AM

Is this a standard outlet or a GFCI recpeptacle. Remove the cover and test at the white and black wire for 120 v. back to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical outlet. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a bad electrical outlet probably shorted by an electric heater. If I just replace the guts will that resolve the problem. I realize I have to be careful turning off the circuit breaker, testing and hooking wires correctly. I need advice.

Converting regular 3 prong electrical outlet to dryer outlet [ 3 Answers ]

We just bought a stacking washer and dryer and now the electrical cord on the dryer won't reach down to the existing dryer outlet. Is there any way to convert a regular 3 prong outlet that is close enough into a dryer outlet?

Electrical outlet box [ 1 Answers ]

What does it mean to tag the groung wires in an electrical outlet box?

Outdoor electrical outlet keeps tripping gfci outlet [ 3 Answers ]

Until just recently my christmas decorations would light up when we plugged them into the outdoor electrical outlet. Now when we plug it in the gfci outlet in the garage keeps getting tripped and the lights won't come on. Even when we reset the gfci, once we plug in the chord it gets tripped...

Electrical Outlet [ 2 Answers ]

My Electrical Outlet Is Not Working. I Have Checked The Breaker Box. What Could Be The Problem?

View more questions Search