Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andyhaus1057 Posts: 98, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2009, 09:51 AM
    Programming flowcharts in Visio
    Hi,
    I need help with this...

A retail company must file a monthly sales tax report listing the total sales for the month, and the amount of state and county sales tax collected. The state sales tax rate is 4 percent and the county sales tax rate is 2 percent.

I need to write a program that asks the user to enter the total sales for the month. The application should calculate and display
    a) the amount of county sales tax
    b) the amount of state sales tax
    c) the total sales tax (county plus state)
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2009, 11:41 AM

I'm afraid you're going to have to do this yourself. It's pretty straight-forward.

1. Obtain the total sales for the month and save in TotalSalesBeforeTax.
    2. Multiply TotalSalesBeforeTax by 0.04 and save the resultant in "StateTax".
    3. Multiply TotalSalesBeforeTax by 0.02 and save the resultant in "CountyTax".
    4. Add StateTax and CountyTax and save the resultant in TotalTax.

That is, unless the TotalSales is really the TotalReceipts, i.e. the sum of the value total receipts + sales tax + county tax. It this is the case,

TotalSalesBeforeTax = TotalReceipts / 1.06
    Steps 2, 3, and 4 remain unchanged.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

C programming [ 2 Answers ]

I'll be extremely thankful if u could provide me with a c program that convert a given nfa to dfa

Something about programming! [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone help me about this question>>>?? (Microsoft Visual C++) A company wants to transmit data over the telephone, but they are concerned that their phones may be tapped. All of their data is transmitted as four-digit integers. They have asked you to write a program that will encrypt their...

View more questions Search