Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vellamo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2009, 08:44 AM
    TV Fault - Blank White screen?
    Hello, I did a search but couldn't find anything on this!

I bought a LG 26LG3000 TV about 9 months ago and I have had no problems until two nights ago. I was watching TV and the screen just went white, completely blank , bright white, but there is still audio. I can use the remote to turn it off but cannot change channel or select the menu screen all I can see is this "White-out" screen.

If anyone can tell me what this and whether it can be fixed then it would be much appreciated. Apparently LG are rubbish when it comes to Customer Service, but I may have to give them a ring anyway.

Thanks.
    DanielF Posts: 158, Reputation: 14

Jul 16, 2009, 09:57 PM

This is most likely a component failure in the video signal chain. Even if you were an electronic technician, you would be foolish to try to fix it yourself given that the set is still under warranty. Let the dealer sort it out, free of charge for you.

Daniel
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2009, 04:48 AM

Verify Monitor is solidly connected. Experienced this recently.
    vellamo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2009, 04:49 AM
    Thank you, just got off the phone with the dealer and an engineer will be round on Wednesday, though sounds like it will have to be replaced!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blank screen after xp splash screen and then hangs [ 2 Answers ]

My colleagues and I work in a tech environment and we have seen several computers with the same symptoms. Namely a failure to boot xp. After the xp logo screen the screen goes to blank and it just hangs. This looks like a graphics card fault but changing card does nothing. Booting into safe...

Screen blank [ 1 Answers ]

I don't have an answer sadly. My laptop is, you guessed it, 2 years old. It was operating normally one day, and when I went to turn it off, it was frozen. Hard drive light was on without blinking. Just solidly bright. So I held the power button down. And the next day I went to get on the internet...

Mp4 has blank screen [ 2 Answers ]

How do I reset my mp4 player; it comes on but nothing comes up on the screen

TV with Blank screen and White squiggly lines [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there I have a 7 year old TV that's generally been working fine. However recently the screen went dead and all you can see now are white/grey squiggly lines. The sound is fine. I've tried turning the power completely off then restarting the TV after several hours. The power comes on, the...

Blank screen [ 3 Answers ]

While on the internet my computer froze up and when I did control alt delete my screen went blank with all wavy lines. I shut the machine off and sbooted up again only to get the blank screen with wavy lines. No matter what I try I cannot get to my desktop. Can anyone help? :eek:

View more questions Search