Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 10:10 AM

I agree with handyamby, they can do a brain biopsy, not taking out the brain. Taking out the brain is for post humous tests, like all the others have said.

Anyway, we are going away from the subject matter.

I wonder how the little kitten is doing now? I hope it didn't get lost again...
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 08:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown008 View Post
    I agree with handyamby, they can do a brain biopsy, not taking out the brain. Taking out the brain is for post humous tests, like all the others have said.

Anyway, we are going away from the subject matter.

I wonder how the little kitten is doing now? I hope it didn't get lost again...
    I don't know if Taylor will come back or not, we hi-jacked her thread pretty bad :eek:

I hope she does, I'd like to know how the kitty is doing also.
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Aug 14, 2009, 07:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    I don't know if Taylor will come back or not, we hi-jacked her thread pretty bad :eek:

I hope she does, I'd like to know how the kitty is doing also.

Jeebus, that's the truth! I hope Hanley is doing fine. :o
    taylor2012 Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2009, 07:10 PM

Hey its me.
    Sorry I haven't been on..
    OK well... they went missing,all 4 of them.. then they all ame back but Hanley... well turns out my neighbors had him and was taking care of them... me and my sister went to go get him today... and they let him out and now he's lost again!! >.<
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2009, 07:14 PM

I think if you can't really afford to take care of them than you have to think about what is best for them.
    Maybe it's a good thing?
    Hope so.
    taylor2012 Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2009, 07:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    I think if you can't really afford to take care of them than you have to think about what is best for them.
    Maybe its a good thing?
    Hope so.
    No because we have freakin $50 medicine just for him and they are just putting Neasporin on it... so WE have what's better for him
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2009, 11:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor2012 View Post
    no because we have freakin $50 medicine just for him and they are just putting Neasporin on it...so WE have whats better for him
    I would be thinking about locking him up inside until he is healed. (Once you find him again)
    If he keeps going missing then his head is never going to heal and it could get infected.

Or... give the neighbours the medicine and let them care for him, ask them if they would like a kitten to look after.

This is going to sound really mean and I'm sorry but if you have a sick animals, have taken it to the vet and got medicine for it, you don't just keep letting it run away.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 12:43 AM
    You're absolutely correct about that, shazamataz!

If a person is going to love, nurish and care for an animal, then they need to be in total contral of where that animal is!

Thanks!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 06:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor2012 View Post
    no because we have freakin $50 medicine just for him and they are just putting Neasporin on it...so WE have whats better for him
    I'd give the medicine AND the cat to the neighbor - hopfully the neighbor can afford neutering, will do so, will turn Harley into an inside cat and Harley will live a long life.

I also don't think this is going to happen because it seems to be more about what a person owns (the cat) than what a person can properly care for.

Meanwhile I'm pretty sure the mother cat is working on her next litter.

EDIT: Thanks for the correction. Can you tell I'm on vacation and just off a Harley?
    AlexDFox Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2009, 04:21 PM
    Wow, I hadn't heard of a wolf larvae until I saw this thread,

But here is another possible shot of it:
    http://www.edwardtbabinski.us/intelligentdesign/wolf_worm.html
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2009, 07:12 PM

I have no idea what site Aledxdfox just posted - I not only couldn't get to it but my computer shut down twice with a warning alert.

Maybe someone else will have a different experience but that was mine -

I did find this but you need to join and sign in - which I am not willing to do. http://edward-t-babinski.blogspot.co...-of-flies.html
    AlexDFox Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 10:28 AM
    The site I posted just has lots of banner ads that probably can slow some browsers down.

Here is a better link from the university of florida:
    http://entomology.ifas.ufl.edu/slansky/botfly/abotfly/overview.htm

The topic is what causes lumpy squirrels, which is the wolf larvae. I'm so glad that I've never seen a squirrel like this in person. Its sooo gross. But is obvious what the cat had. Although this post is old & the owner no longer needs it, I thought it interesting enough to share the info. In case anyone else ever came across something like this with their pet.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2010, 05:36 PM
    Hi, taylor2012!

Did you ever solve the problem with your cat?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Older cats ganging up on newer cats [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I have two 14 year old cats, I recently introduced two 4 year old sisters. We attempted to "introduce" them correctly. Over the last week or so, one of the older cats stalks and corners either of the younger cats with the other older cat joining in for good measure. The noise is terrifying....

3 old cats vs the 3 new cats in the home [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there All, I've been in my apartment for awhile with my 3 cats. Now, my friend is moving in and bringing 3 more cats with her. While hers were still in their carriers, there was a lot of hissing and shackles raised. Friend's cats will be upstairs for awhile. We would like to know the time for...

My cats are aggressive to the other cats. [ 3 Answers ]

I have 5 cats, but 2 of them (both girls) are very aggressive towards the others. I'm a bit worried because they keep beating up on my kitten... So far she's got a torn ear, a chunk out of her leg, several scratches, and very uneven fur. I locked them into my room to avoid trouble, but is there an...

Is a dirt sump pump hole safe, rather than a concrete hole? [ 3 Answers ]

We moved into our house in May and have been doing lots of updating. One thing has been bothering me, because I don't know any better... Our sump pump sits in a dirt hole about 3 feet in diameter under the concrete floor. Is this safe? Is this really dirty? I have noticed more bugs in this...

My new female cats hates all my male cats! [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a new female cat but she is like a year old, all my male cats like her and want to see her buy she just starts hissing at them and they get away... I want them to get along but I don't know how... I have 4 males one is a year old , the othere one is 5 months and the other 2 are 2...

View more questions Search