Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tntdynamite Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Jul 15, 2009, 08:51 PM
    Acne prone, sensitive skin
    I've had acne since somewhere around 5th grade, (I'm in 10th now), and it's gotten worse and worse throughout the years. I'm half italian, so I have oily skin, and I have severe acne. But the problem is, I've used literally almost everything, except a few of the really expensive stuff because my mom doesn't want to spend all that money on skin care. Anyway, I can't seem to find anything that works, because if it's strong enough to get rid of my severe acne, it irritates my face because I also have sensitive skin. It leaves my skin burning, itching, dry, and flaky. I live in a small town and I don't think we have a dermatologist, and even if we did I don't think my mom would take me there because of the money. I also have acne on my chest and back if that helps at all. I just really, really, really want this to go away because I'm so sick of it. I'm tired of having extremely low self esteem because when people look at me that's all they see. I don't like getting involved in anything, or having any attention put on me because I'm afraid they'll only look at my face. I rarely wear anything that the neck doesn't come right up to my neck, or if I do wear something like a deep V or scoop neck, I feel extremely self conscious in it. Please, please help me. I don't know what else to do. I've tried almost everything.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 15, 2009, 08:59 PM

Do you have health insurance? Have you tried Clearasil pads?

Jul 15, 2009, 09:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    Do you have health insurance? Have you tried Clearasil pads?
    Why would I need health insurance? I don't know if we do or not.
    I haven't tried Clearasil pads, but I have tried Clearasil products, the Clearasil Ultra Acne Solution System Kit, and that didn't work. But I could try the pads.
    Vision Expert

Jul 15, 2009, 09:15 PM

I am asking about health insurance because the cost of the dermatologist might not be an issue if you do. That's what health insurance is for. You might want to ask your mother if you have it.

And clearasil pads have always worked great for me, and I used to have really bad acne. Just make sure to moisturize afterwards or you'll get really dry skin.

Jul 15, 2009, 09:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    I am asking about health insurance because the cost of the dermatologist might not be an issue if you do. That's what health insurance is for. You might want to ask your mother if you have it.

And clearasil pads have always worked great for me, and I used to have really bad acne. Just make sure to moisturize afterwards or you'll get really dry skin.
    Thanks! I'll have to give that a try. Would they work on my chest and back too. (It's so emabarrassing asking that:o)
    Vision Expert

Jul 15, 2009, 09:36 PM

Don't be embarrassed. Yeah, they totally will. I use the nuetrogena bead wash, love it. ((For "bacne"!)) And I use the pads on my chest and shoulders as well!
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Jul 15, 2009, 10:07 PM
    I also have really oily skin. I don't know if they have it in your town, but I use this clean and clear face lotion. It definitely makes my skin glow and helps clear up my acne. It also keeps my skin from drying out because of all the benzoic acid in acne products. If you don't have a dermatologist you can always go see your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tip for treating & clearing acne/pimple prone skin [ 7 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I have very acne prone skin and have discovered a very simple, inexpensive way to treat and clear acne, pimples, large pores, black heads, and white heads. After only 1 week of use, my face is clear, skin texture is smoother, pores less visible, even tiny eye wrinkles are...

Dry sensitive skin.. Help! [ 10 Answers ]

I have really really sensitive and dry skin.I use vitamin e oil as a moisturizer,but sometimes I just want a cream that lasts at least 8 hours,but I have not found that yet.Any suggestions?! (not to mention that I have eczema too!)

Achieving even tone on acne-prone, oily face and body area [ 5 Answers ]

I have lots of dark spots on my face, due to hyperpigmentation left from acne. I also have tiny widespread, dark spots along my right arm, breasts, and back due to a rash caused by an allergic reaction. In addition to all of that, I also have a ton of dark spots on my lower legs, and dark elbows...

What skin care product for acne prone skin? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 24 year old female and have been bothered by acne for more than 10 years. I get small pimples easily all over my face and my pores are big. I have very sensitive skin and I get pimples when I'm stressed or during weather change ( as I've moved from a tropical country to a dry country-...

View more questions Search