Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lester9646 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2006, 02:26 AM
    Simpson Esprit 700 Washing Machine smoking
    Hi,
    Our 10 year old washing machine started smoking today.
    Had a look at it and found that on spin cycle the agitator spins but the drum doesn't.
    Does this sound like a simple enough problem to fix?

Everything else works fine and seems a waste to get rid of it if it is a simple problem to fix.

Thanks.
    lester9646 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2006, 03:03 PM
    After a $60 call out fee and a new clutch - it is working fine...
    So the answer is... yes it is simple enough.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool washing machine [ 15 Answers ]

Hi. My 20 year old whirlpool fills up, but won't agitate. If I manually move to rinse, it will drain and go through a final rinse. I makes noise like something is loose. There is a slight overheating smell. I bought a motor coupling, but am not sure that is the problem. I also need help...

No water to washing machine [ 1 Answers ]

When we try to run our Smeg washing machine we get an error message that there is no water supply. However, the pipes are all clear and the water is flowing (and the filters are clean). We were told that the circuit board needed replacing. Is there not just some way I could re-set the machine? ...

Portable Washing Machine [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All! I just moved into an apartment in New York that has a laundry room in the basement. As I just had a baby, my wife wanted to have at least a small washing machine in the apartment. As there is no place to connect it and the landlord will not change anything, I was wondering if some kind...

View more questions Search