Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bioray Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Jul 15, 2009, 08:29 AM
    Basement Sewage pump placement
    I am in the beginning stages of home construction. Would it be better to install a sewage pump in the basement foundation or outside? What would be the most ideal location?

Thanks for your help!
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 16, 2009, 05:36 PM

It depends on the lay out of your project. Sometimes it is better to have sewer ejector in the basement, sometimes it is better to have it outside. If on outside, than you have to keep in mind the looks of it, too...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewage Ejector Pump in a Basement [ 9 Answers ]

Hello all I am new to this board so forgive me if this has already been asked. I am in the process of adding a basement to our basement. We have a septic system with the discharge pipe about 3 feet above the floor. Several questions. I want to add a Toilet, sink and tub. What all has to be vented....

Basement sewage pump odor [ 1 Answers ]

I had a basement sewage pump installed 6 years ago. In the past few months I've noticed an odor. Do these units require maintenance? Could the odor be coming from the top of the unit around the seal? Could I use caulking around the top seal to prevent odor or might this cause a problem?

Basement sewage pump vent [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to add a drian line from my bar sink to the sewage basin in my basement. Can I tap into the vent line of the basin to drain this sink? It's a 2" vent and the drain line is 2". Dbrown39

Basement sewage pump circuit [ 4 Answers ]

I live in NJ. Does the plumbing code indicate that a basement sewage pump has to be on a separate circuit? Or, can it be on the same 20 amp circuit as the bathroom it services. The pump is rated for 15 amps.

Placement of sewage pump [ 1 Answers ]

In a sewage holding tank should the pump sit at the bottom of the tank or a few feet up off the bottom?

View more questions Search