Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krosado Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2009, 06:57 AM
    Why does the date and time keep changing to Feb 2004?
    The weirdest thing continues to happen- every time I restart my computer the date and time changes to Feb 2004- does this mean I have a virus?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 07:21 AM

One possibility is that your motherboard's battery is dead and it cannot maintain the time when its not powered on.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2009, 07:21 AM

Has this been happening for more than 29 days? you don't mention the days changing or not.

Jul 15, 2009, 07:26 AM

Don't remember the exact date when I noticed the date and time change but I'm going to say maybe 2 weeks now.

It keeps going to Feb 2004- don't remember the DATE but I can check when I get home as I'm at work and I'm referring to my home computer.

Jul 16, 2009, 04:34 PM
    The time on the computer is now 2:31 am Feb 23, 2004 and I just changed it YESTERDAY-7:33 pm on July 16th
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2009, 04:51 PM

See if it goes to the 24th tomorrow, Your hitting Apply after setting clock? Its strange.
    iLLyriC Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetcg View Post
    One possibility is that your motherboard's battery is dead and it cannot maintain the time when its not powered on.
    Open your PC case and look afer a small clock-like battery, that's the problem the battery is dead. You should ask for a new one and carefuly change it, finally change the time to the correct and reboot, it should work

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I set the day, time and date on a Seiko World Time Touch sensor [ 5 Answers ]

Setting the date, time and day on a Seiko World Time Touch Sensor with 3 buttons in the back

Date & time [ 3 Answers ]

::) How can you find out when a computer was last started and shut down.

Date and time set [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a honeywell trh 7000 series programmable thermostat. It's the 5-1-1 model. When you first install it you were suppose to set the year and the month but I did not and now it won't let me go back and fix it. How do you reset the date?

Changing out the brake light switch on a 2004 ford explorer [ 1 Answers ]

Is it very difficult for a novice to change out the brake light switch on a 2004 ford explorer? Where is it located and is it easy to get to?

Okay to date more than 1 at a time? [ 8 Answers ]

If 2 people have been seeing each other for a few months, but he still says we are only friends and he says nothing of being exclusive can a woman or a man date others. Should you just say you're going to date others? Its okay to date several(not sleep with them) and have your options open for...

View more questions Search