Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 09:59 PM
    Is it time to text the ex yet?
    Hey guys I don't know what it is. Is it the lateness of the night? Is it the couple bottle of beers I just have? Whatever it is I have this urge to text the ex.

Long story short, ex left me for another guy. Its been 4 months of NC that I have disappeared from her life. I was about to text her. "With the love of your life yet? I was with mine but now shes gone." Bad idea isn't it? Or could it be good?

I don't know but the thought of that scares me because I still have feelings for her and I don't want to start all over again after this 4 months of not contacting her progress I've made. I've become more healthy emotionally and physically.

Have more time to work on my music, been working out and working and spending time with family and friends and chasing after my dreams which she never supported which when I was with her, I never had time for any of those.

What am I thinking? The possibility of being with her again is out of the question. I can't be with her anymore after what she's done to me but at the same time I still have that small thread of hope holding on and is reluctant to let go. Still want the good times back. Sigh got to keep moving on.

What are your thoughts about this? Is it time to text her? What should I do? Where do I go from here?
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 14, 2009, 10:03 PM

BAD IDEA.

Don't even think about it, buddy. We'll just say it's the beers talking and you're lonely. STAY disappeared from her life. Don't give her the satisfaction of knowing you miss her.

You'll also set your healing back! 4 months of NC isn't very long, really, and you're obviously not over it.

YOU'VE COME THIS FAR; DON'T SABOTAGE YOURSELF MAN!
    makapuu Posts: 304, Reputation: 63

Jul 14, 2009, 10:32 PM
    You are better off not contacting her until you can be more calm. It's not showing a very nice side of you. Do you really want her to start saying, "I'm glad I dumped that sarcastic jerk, can you believe the text he just sent me?" No one will want to date you when that text gets forwarded to everyone you know.

But if you handle it like a man and realize that you need to heal, then you will attract respect.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 10:35 PM

Drunk dialing has been replaced by trashed texting.Neither one of which is a good idea.

What should I do? Where do I go from here?
    Continue on the road your on.If you give in now,all the work of the past four months will be wasted and you will just be rubbing salt into your wound.

You still want her but I think right now ,you want to hurt her and remind her how she broke your heart. Understandable ,but you should still refrain from back stepping.

She didn't care when she did it and if you text her,it will just give her the upper hand.

Go to a chat room and find someone else to talk to. Make sure to take two Tylenol and a big glass of water before bed,it will ease any potential hangover.

Have a good night and stay committed to making your life better!
    rosebud135 Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Jul 14, 2009, 10:49 PM

You could text her. But strictly as friends. Ask her how's she's been? Ask her if she's happy. If she was slowing you down before she will just do it again. She doesn't appritiate you so don't act like she's your world.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 10:53 PM

No texting, no contact. Noney, you're doing so well, don't give up.

If you text her now you start all over again. You go back to the beginning, and you worked really hard to get here.

Stick to no contact.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 11:13 PM

Noney
    You give people advice on here...

What would you tell YOU??

Stay NC or I'll get Alty onto you ;)
    BlackVY Posts: 823, Reputation: 154

Jul 14, 2009, 11:22 PM

Wow... if I were you, I'd throw my phone out the window for Alty... :p
    ajGambino Posts: 317, Reputation: 97

Jul 15, 2009, 01:22 AM

You are in no condition to handle a text from your ex, with that kind of messege you want to send. She left you for another guy, she doesn't deserve your attention, not even a drunk text.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 01:38 AM
    It's the beer talking! Don't do it!

You'll only feel like an idiot afterwards and flagellate yourself for being such a jerk.

Four months of NC is great, but 4 months is still only 4 months and there is a way to go. Of course you still have feelings for her - hell, you're human, you're sensitive and you have to go through the process of grieving and mourning a finished relationship.

This is part of that process. People that you've loved don't just automatically disappear from your mind in a poof of smoke. Our memories and our hope and dreams stay with us - and come back to torture us and haunt us. As you're now finding!

It's not time to text the Ex yet while you've still got hope in your heart. Stick to the NC and there will be rewards - good times to come and that ache in your heart fading.

As Artlady says, trashed texting will just leave you feeling miserable and her feeling powerful.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 05:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by none12345 View Post
    "With the love of your life yet? I was with mine but now shes gone." Bad idea isnt it? Or could it be good?
    I cannot begin to tell you what a waste of time this is, and how desperate you would look by sending it. You are the winner, remember that! Who's the big winner tonight Noney? YOU ARE!!

I am thankful you at least had the sense enough to ask us the advice before doing something totally irrational. See what alcohol can do to you? Continue the NC road, and read my words VERY carefully:

When someone leaves you for someone else, THEY had better do EVERYTHING they can to get you back...YOU do NOTHING...EVER!!!
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 05:31 AM
    I was about to text her. "With the love of your life yet? I was with mine but now shes gone." Bad idea isnt it? Or could it be good?
    Bad idea is an understatement.

There's no "time to text" or to put in effort to make any sort of contact with an ex. It's life, not a waiting game, if you cross paths at some point so be it but let it happen, don't arrange it yourself. Until that time comes, don't worry about it.
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 07:56 AM

Thanks for all the comment guys I really needed. Instead of texting her last night I was reading your encouragments. I am so glad I didn't plus it was the beers!! (my excuse) lol
    But to be honest I am so much better off without her in my life. I am actually doing something for myself this time =P I guess I just had a weak moment >_<
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 07:58 AM

We all have weak moments, even those of us who have been broken-up for longer periods.

Those feelings will fade given the proper amount of time.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Jul 15, 2009, 08:05 AM

Thank God my man, thank God you came to your senses.

I was just going to say how desperate that text would sound, especially after 4 months. 4months of N/C is not all that much, however, you sending that would obviously mean the last 4 months have been spent thinking about her.

Never do anything drunk or whatever your pleasure may be, nothing!! Sit and stare.
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BMI View Post
    Thank God my man, thank God you came to your senses.

I was just going to say how desperate that text would sound, especially after 4 months. 4months of N/C is not all that much, however, you sending that would obviously mean the last 4 months have been spent thinking about her.

Never do anything drunk or whatever your pleasure may be, nothing!!! Sit and stare.
    I know! I was happy too instead of sending that text to her I came on here so people can set me straight again. And I wouldn't say I was drunk I only had 2 bottles I would say more tipsy lol
    Chey5782 Posts: 423, Reputation: 65

Jul 15, 2009, 08:22 AM
    Dang I am glad I didn't respond then. I'd have been like DO IT! If you can do it and feel NO remorse whatsoever, why not. Then I realized the last drunk text I sent to a guy was," Go ahead and throw away the bra I left over there, I'd rather vomit than wear it again and think of you." Soooo yeah... my advice would have been horrible. But I feel your pain, drunk texting can be a raw deal. Hope this made you laugh at least, you aren't in that boat alone!
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Jul 15, 2009, 08:40 AM
    [QUOTE=none12345;1856496]

I was about to text her. "With the love of your life yet? I was with mine but now shes gone."

It sounds like you'r hoping to catch her at a time when she's weak,or things aren't right with the two of them,but even if that was the case it doesn't mean she's going to come running back to you.
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 09:13 AM
    [QUOTE=zippit;1857219]

I was about to text her. "With the love of your life yet? I was with mine but now shes gone."

it sounds like you'r hoping to catch her at a time when shes weak,or things arent right with the two of them,but even if that was the case it doesnt mean shes going to come running back to you.
    That was the initial intention last night when I was half drunk. Now that I see the light again. Hell no.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 09:15 AM

My fingers cannot even bring themselves to text my ex... I would have to have someone else do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Excel 15 digit issue, tried converting to text, text to column feature negates fix [ 6 Answers ]

I have the following numbers that exceed 15 characters that needs to be split into its own columns. Down the road, there would be thousands of such rows of data with the first couple set of unique numbers. 890432453253208820,5004500558,05CC,1,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0000,5.0000,2007-01-11...

Scanner that converts text image to real text [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Helpdesk advisors, I look for a scanner,that reads any character from paper,converts it to text and has interface with Microsoft software.Usage area: reads product name , unit of product bought, price and other sort of text info.The scanner is able to convert printed and possibly...

Guy text at the end of text "talk later" [ 20 Answers ]

Hey guys, There is this guy that I like, he is someone that I know a while but we don't meet that often. Well anyway, he has asked me out a few times, but I told him that he was too young for me as there is a 7 year age gap... he is in his late twenties I'm in my mid thirties. So I meet him...

Convert image (pdf, typewriter text) to text file [ 21 Answers ]

I've played with 3 different OCR apps (including one that seems to be tops (Abbyy Fine Reader Pro) and find it too much. Easy to use but far too time consuming for my skills with it. See the attached pdf (38 pages of typed text). I have it and 5 others that need converted but am finding it too...

Updating text on HTML pages at run-time [ 7 Answers ]

I am novice web-site developer with previous programming experience. I am creating a very basic brochure-style web site based on tables with Frontpage 2003 as the development tool. I am having difficulty trying to figure out how to program into a script the logic to be able to update a web page...

View more questions Search