Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 14, 2009, 09:45 PM
    Best Way to Make An Impression?
    What's the best way to make an impression on a guy you have romantic feelings for? I know being yourself is extremely important, but I feel like I'm a failure at flirting! Any tips or suggestions? :)
    makapuu Posts: 304, Reputation: 63

Jul 14, 2009, 09:48 PM

Be honest and sincere with yourself, and then with him.

Jul 14, 2009, 09:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by makapuu View Post
    Be honest and sincere with yourself, and then with him.
    In what way do you mean?
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 11:22 PM

Eye contact is a very good but subtle way to flirt and let a guy know you like him.

Not staring but just looking casually and keeping the gaze for a little longer than you would if someone caught you looking.

If he's interested you'll catch him glancing back as well ;)

Jul 15, 2009, 12:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178 View Post
    Eye contact is a very good but subtle way to flirt and let a guy know you like him.

Not staring but just looking casually and keeping the gaze for a little longer than you would if someone caught you looking.

If he's interested you'll catch him glancing back as well ;)

That's a good one! I was actually considering practicing on a guy friend and make sure I'm not staring anyone down! XD Him glancing back for extended periods than normal is the best way to know when it comes to eye contact, right?
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 01:43 AM
    I think the best way to make an impression is to be interested in the person that you fancy. I don't mean fake interested - I mean genuinely interested in who they are and what they have to say.

Be yourself when you're talking - unless you're practiced at flirting, I don't think it's easy to carry off.

Guys have to like you for you - otherwise you start by being a pretender and you'll never feel comfortable.

Be comfortable in your own skin - most guys love that!
    NallaNeedsYou Posts: 162, Reputation: 9

Jul 15, 2009, 04:44 AM

As a direct answer to your question I would say, depending on the guy, confidence. You have to have the confidence that you look good and feel good and you also need to be able to say that if this guy doesn't like me its his loss! I think if you can look at yourself in a mirror and be happy then you are miles ahead of those others that may well be pretty but still look and see themselves as a comparison of others. You have to be yourself and have the confidence to relax, getting nervous isn't going to help things flow :)
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 05:23 AM

I am shocked no one has said the most obvious answer: ASK HIM OUT!

I do not see why it is always the guys who have to ask girls out. If you girls have an interest then ask us to go on a simple casual date or something. What do you have to lose?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 05:39 AM

Flirty to me is phony,unless you are an Oscar winning actress,it just comes off as fake to me.

I think your natural interest is shown by your body language and the way you make eye contact.I think our instincts take over when we are interested and it just shows automatically.

Show your interest by asking open ended questions and don't ever be reluctant to be yourself.

Feel your strong womanly sex and it will shine through.Confidence is sexy and some would say irresistible. :)
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 05:46 AM
    I agree with ArtLady - if you are your genuine self with someone, your interest will show.

I also agree with KC - there is nothing wrong with you asking him out.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 15, 2009, 06:43 AM

KC's got it spot on. Nothing more obvious than asking him out.

Trying to give him subtle signs can just confuse him more. Why not be direct?
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 07:39 AM

Why don't more girls ask guys out? We always have to do all the work.

Like Friend4u said, maintain eye contact while talking to him, laugh at his corny jokes, and smile. That's how I know a girl likes me... well at least that's the case most of the time.

If your are trying to start a conversation, walk up to him and ask a wide open, simple question, and build from there while doing all that I said above.
    dreamingartist Posts: 104, Reputation: 54

Jul 15, 2009, 07:50 AM
    Bend and snap!

Urban Dictionary: bend and snap

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What move should I make? Or should I even make one? [ 9 Answers ]

I am a high school student. I play on our girl's varsity basketball team, and I have a bit of an interest/crush on a guy from the guy's team. Our practice and game times are normally in tandem. I see him there and occaisonally in school. Recently, I admitted my interest to a friend, and she said,...

Ways on make me want to make love more [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 28 years old, married, and has three beautiful girls. I've had six surgeries and my sexual arousal has change completely and I know it's effecting my husband. He say he understand, but deep inside, I know it's bothering him because the times we can't make love he will masturbate and that makes...

NO make-up! [ 42 Answers ]

I'm 13 and my mom won't let me wear make-up, but my dad will. She won't give in. She also won't let me date. I'm sooo mad at her, but I try not to show it. What should I do? PLEASE DON'T ANSWER WITH YOU'RE TO YOUNG ETC. kay thanks! :confused:

View more questions Search