Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily94 View Post
    Haha she lives in Saskatchewan, the nearest vet for small animals is in regina, and she is an hour from that.
    What does she do when one of her own animals gets sick or needs a vet?
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 09:35 PM

She drives the hour. But remember this is not her cat, she feeds it, and her kids play with it, that's about it.

... The de-worming pills they sell at the vet that you give yourself would they work for getting rid of the worms?

I know the eye is more important but I thought I'd ask since I'm already getting answers:P
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 09:37 PM
    She drives the hour. But remember this is not her cat, she feeds it, and her kids play with it, thats about it.

...The de-worming pills they sell at the vet that you give yourself would they work for getting rid of the worms?

I know the eye is more important but i thought i'd ask since im already getting answers:P
    Is there some way she could trap the cat or put it in a carrier to drive to the vet? (The cat will howl all the way probably... ) Would she be willing to do this, get the eye looked at, cat dewormed and spayed? (forget the money for a minute)
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 09:40 PM

I can't forget the money, She won't pay for it. The cat will go into a carrier fine(they locked her up when she had her kittens awhile back), so no problem with that, she doesn't have her license so my uncle would have to do it, and he doesn't have the same love for animals we do. Would a large animal vet (its for farm animals) take it in as an emergency, then I could see him driving the 15 minutes.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 09:43 PM
    I can't forget the money, She won't pay for it. The cat will go into a carrier fine(they locked her up when she had her kittens awhile back), so no problem with that, she doesnt have her license so my uncle would have to do it, and he doesn't have the same love for animals we do. Would a large animal vet (its for farm animals) take it in as an emergency, then i could see him driving the 15 minutes.
    Yes, forget the money. I have an idea.

Do you know of a large-animal vet you could ask about treating her? An wounded eye is a wounded eye and worms are worms, no matter which animal has problems. And would the vet spay her?
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 09:46 PM

There is a vet by them for large animals.
    But I don't know if they would deal with small animals at all.

Worse case is I bring her home and treat her here, I'm going out there next week so no extra trips... but that's a long time...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 09:48 PM
    There is a vet by them for large animals.
    But i dont know if they would deal with small animals at all.
    Can you find out on Wednesday, and see if the large-animal vet would treat her, plus would your uncle take her there?
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 09:49 PM

He might.. I work tomorrow during the vets hours, but I could get my aunty to call.

I know you said forget the money but I need to know how much it is going to be so I can pay it!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 10:29 PM
    He might.. I work tomorrow during the vets hours, but i could get my aunty to call.

I know you said forget the money but i need to know how much it is going to be so i can pay it!
    It depends on what the vet finds out about the eye. And does the vet have a place to keep the cat after spaying? She should be resting for a day or two in a quiet place.

I wonder if the vet would come to your aunt's house to see the cat, since that is what he has to do to visit the large animals--go where they are.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 10:31 PM

I was thinking that he might be able to come out, but could he do it at the house? Not very sanitary I'd think,
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 10:33 PM
    I was thinking that he might be able to come out, but could he do it at the house? not very sanitary i'd think,
    The vet might know how to deal with a spaying at your aunt's. Does he have a clinic or an office?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 10:34 PM
    I was thinking that he might be able to come out, but could he do it at the house? not very sanitary i'd think,
    How old is your sister?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stray cat [ 8 Answers ]

I live on a farm and for the past week we have had a stray cat hanging around. It got really cold last week (-30!) so the cat has been living in one of our steel buildings. I noticed it is VERY skinny - almost nothing left of it. So I started giving it dry and canned cat food as well as water. ...

Why do men stray? [ 16 Answers ]

Why do mwn tend to get bored after a period? What is it gentlemen? What can we do to keep u intrigued?

Stray cat [ 1 Answers ]

We have taken in a stray cat who had kittens 6 weeks ago. Unfortunately despite keeping her separate from our own cats our female cat has decided to take off and only comes back occasionally to eat. We think she has found a new home and are very upset but what can we do to help the situation. Our...

Stray cat(s) [ 9 Answers ]

Over a year ago we had this cat that showed up at our door and we name him Gizmo, because he looked like a cat/squirrel. He has always been very low-keyed and not caused any problems, other than laying on our cars and leaving hair, etc, nothing or major. Sometimes when we go out he gets close to...

Is this stray cat pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

A few days ago a stray cat started coming around. Today I noticed that she is either pregnant or has recently had kittens. Is there any way to tell which?

View more questions Search