Jul 14, 2009, 07:00 PM
    Us visitors visa
    Can I obtain a us visitors visa if my fiancée is a us citizen
    Bayley1979 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2009, 07:03 PM
    Can I obtain a us visitors visa if my fiancée is a us citizen[/QUOTE]
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Jul 15, 2009, 08:51 AM

Yes, but you need to really prove up to the CONOFF that you intend to only visit the US and return to your home country. On the DS-156, the form asks if you have a fiancée in the US, and this is generally seen as a factor evidencing intention to immigrate to the US. The denial for this is under section 214(b) for failure to overcome immigrant intent.

You should have detailed trip information, a solid itinerary, evidence of funds for the trip, letter from current employer showing leave of absence, property, social ties and other evidence that you have strong ties to your home country.

Good luck, and congratulations on your engagement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get usa visitors visa from south africa [ 2 Answers ]

I have a girlfriend I met on the internet from johannesburg, south africa... What is involved in her getting a visitor"s visa to come visit me in the USA for two weeks? How long does it take? What is involved in her getting a visa to come over to usa to live if this relationship got very...

Can I apply for visitors visa if already have a L1B visa with me? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I apply for visitors visa if already have a L1B visa?

Us visitors visa? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir, If I a have Canada Work permit for 1 year i.e. L1,can I visit to my relatives who are in US from last 5 years? I hail from India and going for company assignment? Please do the needful guidance.

Extension on my visitors visa [ 3 Answers ]

I applied for an extension on my 6 months visitors visa in Feb 08, my visitors visa was 'till end of March 08. I have not received a reply from Immigration, just an acknowledgement that they recd my application and they will get back to me. I should just check the status of my application online....

View more questions Search