Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adalton Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2009, 06:21 PM
    Create New Workbook Macro
    I need to create a macro that creates a certain number of sheets in a workbook then creates a new workbook. What would you recommend be the maximum number of sheets in the workbook and what is the code to create a new workbook?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 08:57 PM

Creating a new workbook and new worksheets is a tiny little line of code. Each time one of these lines of code execute, the newly created book/sheet is also now the activebook/sheet.
    Code:
        Workbooks.Add
        Sheets.Add
    Your question is answered by the code above, but I imagine you actually now have about 20 new questions. So, rethink your needs, write them all down IN DETAIL in your next post, and I can offer a more useful code to meet your real need.
    adalton Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2009, 03:12 PM

But what's the maximum number of tabs? Or recommended for the average computer?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 15, 2009, 06:04 PM

No maximum. Depends solely on your memory and organization.

On a personal note of opinion, any workbook that has numerous sheets should be reevaluated for a more efficient design.

1) What's the purpose of 100s of individual sheets?
    2) How can you effectively navigate sheets of this QTY?
    3) Would you be better served with ONE massive database sheet and a few sheets designed to pull in specific data "on demand"?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A-1 photography workbook [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have an assignment due that requires the A-1 photography work book. I received the a-1 package weeks after my books arrived without even knowing something was missing. I didn't realize something was missing until I received the assignment online. Is it a way I can view this online. ...

How do I update an entrey from one workbook to another [ 2 Answers ]

I need to enter an entry from one workbook to another and also update the entry when I put new information in it. e.g I have one main soure file inventory.xls and I have few other files with lot of worskheets(tabs). What I need to do is if I enter an entry in worksheet if should enter that entry...

Disable Workbook In Excel [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to add version control to my Excel workbook by disabling the workbook after a specific date. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

Opening Excel Workbook [ 2 Answers ]

When I try to open an Excel workbook in Excel 2003 created last week, only the Excel Window is getting open not the Sheet view. So, what to do ? When I open Excel workbook in office 2003 only the excel window is opening not the sheet . Why ?

Worksheets within the same workbook [ 21 Answers ]

Hi, I have many worksheets within the same file, what I really want is to have either a (link / go to option) from sheet1 to other sheets without using hyperlink because I want to send to others. Example: if I click on Apple from Sheet 1, I will go to Sheet2 Sheet1 Sheet2 ...

View more questions Search