Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovehim Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2009, 05:23 PM
    Got hacked again!
    Two weeks ago I couldn't open my hotmail mail. Didn't pay much attention then cause I don't use it that often but 3 days ago I also couldn't open my second life account. It was registered on that mail so I got my ex boyfriend to hack it. It took 2 days to hack the mail with brute force and I changed the pass and the alternative mail and also changed the pass of my sl account. Last night had another fight with my ex and this morning my mail and sl were hacked again and the altrenative mail was changed. Maybe it was him but it also could be a virus. The pass were alphanumerical with 12 characters and few big letters and still got hacked. Is there any way to get my accounts back without contacting the son of a ***** that owns brute? Also I think that he get inside my PC anytime he wants. Is that even logical? Is there a way I can protect my privacy from him? Need your help sooo bad!!
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 05:50 PM

If you need to change pass on hotmail, try here first - pass would be sent to an alternate email if you had one set up with hotmail when you made the account
    http://nexusrdr.passport.com/redir.a...26_lang%253dEN

MSN Hotmail - Contacting Hotmail

See if you can contact second life - there are many different second life sites, go to Google and search for 'contact second life'

See if they can offer any help and would not let ex use PC if that is an option

Jul 15, 2009, 01:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83 View Post
    if you need to change pass on hotmail, try here first - pass would be sent to an alternate email if you had one set up with hotmail when you made the account
    http://nexusrdr.passport.com/redir.a...26_lang%253dEN

MSN Hotmail - Contacting Hotmail

See if you can contact second life - there are many different second life sites, go to google and search for 'contact second life'

See if they can offer any help and would not let ex use PC if that is an option
    First of all my alternative mail was changed by the virus/hacker and didn't get reply on the mail I used as an alternative. The links you gave don't work cause I'm logged out. And my ex isn't using my PC but he installed it, formatted it and we used to use team viewer every time I got stupid and did a mess on my PC. I think he has access to it remotely. Once he blamed me for having a secret skype account and I had no idea what he was talking about so he gave me the username and pass and it turned out that my sister had created that account from my PC.
    megamanhood Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jul 15, 2009, 02:13 AM

I think you may have spyware on your system where there may be keylogger secretly recording your keystrokes and sending to the hacker.

Maybe try to scan your entire system first... but I know spyware once installed, is difficult to find.

Try browsing the internet for spyware programs... many have a secret key combination to bring up their admin panel (E.g. WinSpy used Ctrl+Shift+F12), often protected by passwords.

Otherwise the only alternative is to wipe your system clean and start from there again.

Otherwise, no matter how many tmes you recover your password, it will happen again.

Jul 15, 2009, 06:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by megamanhood View Post
    I think you may have spyware on your system where there may be keylogger secretly recording your keystrokes and sending to the hacker.

Maybe try to scan your entire system first... but I know spyware once installed, is difficult to find.

Try browsing the internet for spyware programs... many have a secret key combination to bring up their admin panel (E.g. WinSpy used Ctrl+Shift+F12), often protected by passwords.

Otherwise the only alternative is to wipe your system clean and start from there again.

Otherwise, no matter how many tmes you recover your password, it will happen again.
    Yeah I plan on cleaning up as soon as possible. I don't understand why only second life is affected by this... I have millions other accounts registered on that mail. What I want to know is how can I get my passwords back? If I ever recover my second life account and change the mail will it make a difference?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2009, 06:57 AM
    If you let your ex on with hacking/cracking software then who knows what has been installed. Your best bet is a reformat/reinstall.

Jul 15, 2009, 05:39 PM

My Facebook got hacked too :(
    Think it got deleted :(
    And my ex was online 5 min before I got hacked! Actually I got hacked right after I deleted him from my contacts. Imagine that...
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 07:37 PM

First thing is to uninstall team viewer and possibly make new accounts that have been hacked and after making new accounts, contact the appropriate support for each of the accounts that were affected and explain situation and hopefully they can get you access back into your original account with a different password.

If only using team viewer and that was uninstalled, there may still be a keylogger installed that you may not be aware of and you would not be able to uninstall the keylogger program if you do not the key combo to enter the program to be able to uninstall it (this is where it may come down to a format to reinstall from scratch)

But if it was only team viewer and that gets uninstalled, you would be OK to set up new accounts to be able to contact support of your hacked accounts - but as mentioned, if using a keylogger that would email him with your current activity - that would be useless and would suggest to do the format and reinstall and then setup the new accounts so that you could get all your accounts in order.
    Dont treadonme Posts: 115, Reputation: -6

Aug 3, 2009, 08:50 AM

STOP using the interweb WHILE logged in with administrator privileges

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hacked somebody [ 2 Answers ]

I try every thing somebody hacked and also changed question and profile address. Problem is that there my so many impontant emails & IDs

IP Hacked - or not. [ 6 Answers ]

I sent an email to a good friend of mine at approximately 4.00am Sunday Morning. Less than 12 hours later another friend contacted me and said he had been forwarded the email by the person I sent it to – it had his email address as the sender to prove it.. I thought this highly unlikely and asked...

Have I been hacked? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so someone tracked my computer and I can't take it off.. what can they do with logmein? Does that program record things I have done for the day

I got hacked [ 3 Answers ]

Someone tried to do a $3000 purchase with my paypal account. I had an ultra strong password so am sure I got nailed by a keylogger. Bummer too, I was just now logged into my hosting account for a website and saw that one of my email addresses had been changed to something else! I use AVG...

View more questions Search