Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hotwhlzchik Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2009, 03:52 PM
    Always bloated and nauseas and trying to get pregnant
    My boyfriend and I have been trying to get pregnant. I stopped taking my pill in January, my cycle has been different ever since. It comes regularly but I only bleed for about a day, then spot for about 3.
    I am now always constantly bloated, and get nausea after every meal, and sporatically throughout the day. My doctor has given me antacid pills, but little to no help.
    I had a Leep surgery almost 2 years ago now. They were able to remove the cancer :)
    Also had a kidney stone about 2 months ago,the hospital saw it in an ultra sound but I never passed it (as far as I know) had a CT scan 2 weeks later that showed nothing. But still get pain frequently.
    I had low iron, and an underactive thyroid. They have been corrected, for now.
    So my question is... Does all this affect me getting pregnant? How do I get rid of the bloating and nausea?
    I just want to feel nomral!!

Any help would be appreciated! I really want to get pregnant... not sure what to do.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jul 15, 2009, 10:40 AM

Low iron, and underactive thyroid, and irregular periods CAN have an affect on fertility, but only a doctor can answer that in your case for sure. (Note: A friend of mine has hypothyroidism and she's now 8 months pregnant :) )

Have you seen your OB/GYN for a pre-conception appointment? Also, since you're actively Trying to conceive be sure to take prenatals with folic acid. :)
    hotwhlzchik Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2009, 12:58 PM
    Ive talked to my doctor, he knows we are Trying to conceive. He knows all my symptoms, but isn't concerned about my cycle. He recommended that I take materna, which I am. But since now I'm taking prevacid for my bloating and nausea, he has said to stop Trying to conceive for now. Unfortunately I don't feel any better :( While Im taking other meds, Ive stopped my prenatal. But will continue after my meds. Any ideas if the bloating and nausea could be something to worry about?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I look pregnant, fat or bloated? [ 8 Answers ]

Do I look pregnant, fat or just bloated ? Image0021.jpg picture by izzy-williams - Photobucket If you think I look pregnant please say how many weeks

Nauseas throwing up [ 2 Answers ]

Lately I been feel like very sick like I'm going to throw up and nausea's and when I move around I get the same feeling why is that ?

Nauseas [ 7 Answers ]

I have been feeling EXTREMLEY nauseas for about 3 days now, I haven't changed my diet and my stomach does not hurt. I am not stressed either, I am very content. I am very sensitive to certain smells, like pretzels. I have yet to actually throw up. So this morning, I took a pregnancy test and it was...

Bloated while pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

I am now 14 weeks pregnant. I am finally starting to show, however it looks more fat than the cute round belly. I feel bloated all the time and feel like I have a ton of water weight. I feel like what is showing is the bloating and water weight. Is this normal? Is my belly from all the bloating and...

Bloated, stomach ache, sore breast... pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I feel bloated, I get sick to my stomach every time I smell something... only ONE of my breast are sore... Am I pregnant?? Im sooooooooooooooo scared... How soon can you tell when your pregnant or not? How soon do the signs start to show?

View more questions Search