Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fallen2grace Posts: 199, Reputation: 4

Jul 14, 2009, 03:10 PM
    Territorial Male?
    I have a 12 year old male cat that's fixed. Last Novemeber we got a male kitten that's now almost 10 months old and not fixed. The two never really got along, but they could be in the same room without killing each other. But for the past two weeks, the kitten has been attacking the older cat. We can't even have them in the same room with each other.
    Could it be because the kitten isn't fixed?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2009, 10:14 PM

Possibly. He may be getting old enough to start exerting himself, and yes trying to claim territory. Cats can do this anyway, but a non-fixed male can be terrible about it.

He needs fixed anyway, so why not just take care of it and see if the problem takes care of itself? 10 months may seem like a "kitten" to you, but that's getting a bit late.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 10:23 PM

Please get the cat fixed. Soon he will start spraying too, a very awful-smelling urine odor. Nine-ten months is about the limits for being a "kitten."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Male incarcerated and spouse whereabout is unknown.Male wants a divorce. [ 1 Answers ]

Male is incarcerated and his spouse whereabout is unknown. They have been separated from for 10 years. He wants a divorce. What steps can he take while incarcerated to achieve a divorce?

Cage territorial bunny [ 1 Answers ]

My husband got a male lop/dutch mix bunny about three months ago, and everything was fine until a few weeks ago. For some reason now he is very possessive of his cage. He gets angry and aggressive if you mess with "his stuff". His cage itself, the food bowl, the water bottle. If he's out of the...

Territorial View Blocked by Growing Fruit Trees [ 3 Answers ]

My beautiful 20+ year view is now being blocked by some fruit trees that new home owners are permitting to grow too tall. The trees have historically been trimmed to about ten to fifteen feet in height and were planted by previously home owners several years after I purchased my home. The past...

Spayed male dog humping other male dogs. Why? [ 3 Answers ]

My male dog mixed boston terrier/pug. He has been spayed at 4 months old. He never bother females dogs. But when a small male dog comes around he wants to hump her all the time. Why is that? How can I break him from it? I though once spayed they do not have the desire to hump. And why he only...

Protective and Territorial German Sheperds [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have 2 German Sheperds, Romey 3, and Scar 7 mo. I had many problems with Romey and aggression, whether it be towards other dogs on walks, at the vet and in front of my home, although I did work with him a lot from very young I failed to socialize him enough. Now at 3 yrs I think he has calmed...

View more questions Search