Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DATAZU Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jul 14, 2009, 12:48 PM
    A bead with a hole too big
    If I am stringing and come to a bead with a hole too big, what do I do?
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 12:56 PM

Well, you can tie a larger knot in the string/wire/whatever you are stringing.
    You can place a smaller bead on the string. One that will not slip off, but the bead itself is larger than the hole in the other bead.

What exactly is the problem? Is it slipping off the string, or is it too loose, or what?

Jul 14, 2009, 02:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HelpinHere View Post
    Well, you can tie a larger knot in the string/wire/whatever you are stringing.
    You can place a smaller bead on the string. One that will not slip off, but the bead itself is larger than the hole in the other bead.

What exactly is the problem? Is it slipping off of the string, or is it too loose, or what?
    Thank you very much for your reply.

What exactly is the problem? It is slipping off the string
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 02:20 PM

Well, will any of my suggestions help you?
    Or, is your project so specific that you cannot tie knots/add extra beads?

At least, you could apply a small amount of glue to the string, and leave the bead there to dry. However, this will be permanent in case you don't want it to be, and it may not look very professional.

Jul 14, 2009, 03:06 PM

Thank you for your great answer. I appreciate a lot your kind help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drywall hanging - J Bead [ 5 Answers ]

I have a question for you drywall experts here. I am finishing my basement. I will not be putting in a drop ceiling, rather, we have painted the ceiling - the joists, the HVAC, the plumbing, everything, with Dryfall black paint. I intend to lay the drywall down so that I have the finished...

Is a dirt sump pump hole safe, rather than a concrete hole? [ 3 Answers ]

We moved into our house in May and have been doing lots of updating. One thing has been bothering me, because I don't know any better... Our sump pump sits in a dirt hole about 3 feet in diameter under the concrete floor. Is this safe? Is this really dirty? I have noticed more bugs in this...

Corner Bead [ 4 Answers ]

What type of corner bead would you recommend and why(metal, plastic, glue type)? Thanks, Gregg

Tiling corner bead [ 2 Answers ]

I have green board on the bathroom walls, and durarock on the floor and the entire shower. This is a new bathroom I am building. My question was should I put the paper corner bead on the corners which have durarock. These corners are the sides of my shower where my doors are going. If I use corner...

Tiling corner bead [ 2 Answers ]

I have new durarock and green board on my walls and floor on the outside corners should I put corner bead and mud before tiling or should I use thinset

View more questions Search