Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helpmeout58 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2009, 07:34 AM
    How do I become happy again?
    I don't know what's wrong with me, I can't seem to get out of this slump.

I broke up with my girlfriend, I feel I didn't do well enough on my test for med school, I can't get along with my family, and when I try to go out and have a good time and forget about my problems I just end up coming home and feeling depressed that she's not with me. I feel so lonely and that no one understands me. Ive been trying to get over her, but I can't seem to find anything to look forward to.
    I feel like I'm pissed off all the time and then at other times I feel lonely and lost?

How do you get over someone you loved and become happy again?
    jerieischillin Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2009, 09:24 AM

You have to find someone else or music helps like happy,sad music helps for me,try it
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 16, 2009, 09:19 PM

How long have you been feeling this way?

Are you sleeping at all? Too little or too much? Are you eating? Do you feel sluggish all the time? Are you neglecting your hygiene, or feel completely unmotivated to do anything?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 16, 2009, 09:31 PM

First it is common to be sad after a break up. But you should also not be dependent upon someone else to make you happy, that should be inside.

Loney of course, that is why you make new friends, and stop worry about a old one.

Med school, well I don't know what percent but many don't make it first time, or have to find some less than best med school to go to. Or choose another health care field.
    MiSSsy111222 Posts: 267, Reputation: 29

Jul 17, 2009, 12:24 PM

You have had many down falls, you are bound to feel down. Break ups are hard, failing is also hard to deal with. Its only normal that you feel this way. Give yourself a break, you have been through some struggles recently.

Time will heal your broken heart. As for you med, can you try again??

My only advice is pick yourself up, brush yourself down and keep moving. Go out with friends, try and enjoy yourself and keep busy.
    SafeHeart Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 01:07 PM

helpmeout58...

I recommend listing to Garth Brooks' song called Unanswered Prayers.

Jul 18, 2009, 02:17 PM

I have been going out and trying to meet new people, but its hard when the one you want to be with magically shows up. I start to feel everything all over again, how much fun we had together and how much I miss her. But what do I do in these situations? I mean she's friends with my friends, I'm friends with hers, and she's my cousins best friend. Do I just act like everything is all right, and that I'm happy, because that's what I have been doing. Or do I just show little interest? Part of me wants to think that she wants to get back together and the other part of me thinks she just wants to be friends.

Not to toot my horn or anthing, but I know I am capapable of meeting new women, but its just hard for me to concentrate on someone new when I feel like I just want to be with her.

Thanks for the advice though and the music does help.

As for med school I know I can retake it, but I just feel disappointed in myself, that I have failed myself. And coming at a time like this doesn't make it any easier.
    SafeHeart Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2009, 03:22 PM
    Maybe she is showing up because she knows you are or will be there and maybe she thinks you are OK with the breakup and does just want to be friends. On the other hand, she might just want to get back together but why doesn't she just let you know that instead of playing games?? Either way, it does not sound like she is showing honest intentions toward you or being considerate of how you feel.

Perhaps she is confused about what she wants right now!

You need to take care of yourself. Try to go to new places that she will not show up at and make some new friends. Do not sit around by yourself and get more miserable. Get out and do something -- even if it is just taking a walk. And get back on track with med school. In the meantime, let her know that you are available to her if she wants to talk.

It is best for you to stay away from where she will be right now. Your friends will still be your friend in the future and you can make new ones. Just keep going and doing good things each day and you will see that this will resolve itself for the best.

Quote from Garth Brooks: "Some of God's greatest gifts are answered prayers."
    merissam Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Jul 18, 2009, 03:24 PM

I agree with jerie,you have to get her off your mind someway.So find somebody else who is better than her. :) hope you are going well soon.Think of some other stuff.

Jul 20, 2009, 08:15 PM

Well, I have a date on Wednesday with an old friend that I used to be pretty close with. Im actually pretty excited about this because I really enjoyed being with this girl. The only reason why things didn't work out is because she moved away for school.

I guess better days are ahead, at least I have something to look forward to, and get myself back out there.

But this whole ex thing is really irritating. I know I need to just leave when ever she shows up. I feel like she tries to make me jealous. The other night I saw her. She acted completely different from the day before and treated me like she didn't know me... and then was flirting with my friend ha(which was not just myself noticing). Good news I didn't let it bother me.

Things are starting to get easier...
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2009, 09:22 PM

Hola.

Breakups are hard. Having a person whom you loved be out of your life is hard.

The last thing you want to do is isolate yourself- you usually end up lonelier, bored and depressed.

Music is good- but sitting in your room listening to angry songs isn't exactly healthy.

Not sure if you would be willing to do this but I like this idea someone once gave me. Grieve in days how long your relationship lasted. If your relationship lasted 3 years, take three days; to meditate, write down your thoughts, cry, scream into your pillow and just get all the hurt and anger out.

Anyway, AskMeHelpDesk is always here for support-- we're great for these type of things.. at least I think so.

The funny thing about relationships is that they don't go away, you can end it but it's like a little scar. Right now the wound is open so you need to heal. Overtime it'll hurt less and it'll be just a memory, a life lesson if you may.

I suggest to pick yourself up by your bootstraps and go to that Med school thing, I'd also like to suggest to do other things to keep you busy like; volunteering, painting, meeting new people, going a roadtrip with friends, start excercising... ah there is a thread that gives you a gigantor list of things you can do, here it is:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...kup-78597.html

Well head up, be positive, keep busy, there are plenty of people that don't wake up alive today and your one of them that did so seize the day- don't let this break-up ruin you or give her the benefit of taking the best of you.

Sarah

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She has to be happy in order to make me happy. [ 20 Answers ]

Around August 5th of last year, my girlfriend and I broke up for the first time. We spent the next two months on and off.. until we got back together in early October. Things have been great since then... until the last couple of days. I sensed that something was wrong, and today it was confirmed....

Why Can't Be Happy With Myself [ 9 Answers ]

Im In Middle School An Im 14 Years Old Im Not Happy When I Started Middle Im Been Really Down Don't Have The Confidents No More Im Always Putting Myself Down. I Have Tried To Talk To My Parents But They Juse Don't Understand Ann I Tried Also With To Of My Bestfriends But They Don't UnderStand They...

Will I ever b happy [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 18 and just come out of a 4 year relationship I have baby, who is now one. I meet a man who is a bit older than me but the only trouble is he already has a partner and two children. When we do get the chance to meet iwe have a lovely time and we have so much in comman. I am really falling for...

Happy Passover, Happy Easter! [ 22 Answers ]

I just wanted to wish all my friends on the board greetings for the spring season... If you're Jewish like my family, a very Happy Pesach and Good Seder! If you're Christian, a very Happy Easter! If you have some other religious practice that I've missed, please add it here if you like,...

View more questions Search