Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ivan Wong Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2006, 08:32 PM
    Upside down display in monitor
    My wife placed some files on the keyboard, and suddenly the display in the monitor went upside down. After reboot, it remains the same. She again placed some files on the keyboard, and this time the display changed to the side, i.e. 90 degrees from the normal display. I tried to press every single key on the keyboard, but cannot put the display in the monitor right.
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Oct 17, 2006, 06:45 AM
    Have you got nVidia graphics card? If so there is a utility that is in your system tray. Don't use nVidia graphics at work, but it may be the answer to your problem.
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Oct 17, 2006, 07:04 AM
    If it is an Intel board with onboard video, these hotkeys may work:
    • <Ctrl> + <Alt> + <Right Arrow>
    • <Ctrl> + <Alt> + <Down Arrow>
    • <Ctrl> + <Alt> + <Left Arrow>
    • <Ctrl> + <Alt> + <Up Arrow>
    ruphill11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2007, 11:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Wong
    My wife placed some files on the keyboard, and suddenly the display in the monitor went upside down. After reboot, it remains the same. She again placed some files on the keyboard, and this time the display changed to the side, i.e. 90 degrees from the normal display. I tried to press every single key on the keyboard, but cannot put the display in the monitor right.
    Someone pressed a key on monitor now picture is upside down. How do I fix this problem?
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Mar 12, 2007, 01:41 AM
    What graphics \dapter are you using? GEForce 4.

To access settings:
    Right click in the task bar select "Show the Desktop"
    On the display but off the taks bar, right click "Properties"
    Select the Settings Tab and Advanced
    Select the GeForce4 tab
    On the left hand side select NVRotate depending on what is selected, select either Landscape or Inverted Landscape

Try, and let us know

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Monitor Display [ 4 Answers ]

My friends PC, running W98, will no longer have a display. She has tried plugging in two other monitors with the same result... nothing. She says she may have messed up something while in safe mode. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Help! Monitor is UPSIDE down! [ 9 Answers ]

How did this happen? OK, I have a compaq presario computer with Windows XP. Today, out of the blue, I turned on my compter, and the "compaq presario" screen is OK, and the "windows XP" screen is OK. Then, when the "welcome" screen comes up just prior to the desktop screen, it is upside down. The...

Monitor diplay upside down [ 2 Answers ]

Why is my monitor diplay upside down how can I correct it

Display not occupying entire monitor coords. [ 7 Answers ]

Am using XP and my display was compressed and is not occupying entire screen. I tried with possible resolutions but in vain. I reinstalled the software and also made the system to run in Safe mode. Found no worthness. Is this a HW or a SW problem? Please suggest an alternative. Regards, ...

View more questions Search