Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 01:00 PM

It's due today? What time, and how long do you have? (as Afghanastan is a different time, so I'm unsure).

I'm sure you didn't get a 1000 word assignment with only one day to prepare.

You should have done it earlier, but I'm not going to preach to you because I procrastinate too xD

Well, good luck!
    Don't cut corners, use plenty of adjectives, and get it done!
    lucky_girl Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2009, 01:01 PM

After 5 hours.

Jul 14, 2009, 01:01 PM
    Just got yesterday morning.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 01:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky_girl View Post
    just got yesterday morning.
    No ESL teacher will give this very difficult assignment to students to be due in one day. In my high school, we would have been given two weeks at least.

Now, be honest. When did you get the assignment?

Jul 14, 2009, 01:21 PM

She gave me yesterday... we read two of books before. That time she told us I will give you assignment so make sure you will work on that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 01:24 PM
    she gave me yesterday...we read two of books before. that time she told us i will give you assignment so make sure you will work on that.
    I am a teacher, a librarian, and a published writer. I could not write 1000 words for this paper in only one day's time. If I were an ESL student, it would be impossible. Your teacher is wrong.

Jul 14, 2009, 01:28 PM

I know that... I started to write.. I have question should I write both gatsby and hamlet together or can I write first gatsby and than about hamlet.

Can you give me some tips to make sure in essay.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 01:43 PM
    i know that....i started to write..i have question should i write both gatsby and hamlet together or can i write first gatsby and than about hamlet.

can you give me some tips to make sure in essay.
    You can write two separate sections, or you can compare Hamlet to Gatsby. I cannot help you unless you write it and I proofread it. This assignment is too difficult for an ESL student for one day.

Jul 14, 2009, 01:47 PM

She did not say compare and contrast... so I will write differently... anyways thank you so much for your help... can you give me some hints for gatsby.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 02:00 PM
    she did not say compare and contrast...so i will write differently...anyways thank you so much for your help...can you give me some hints for gatsby.
    HelpinHere gave you this on the first page --

I'll expand upon what I said earlier.
    The Great Gatsby
    Gatsby surrounds himself with friends throughout the entire story. He throws huge parties quite often, inviting everyone in town and making a name for himself. However, he isn't at the parties. He is there, surrounded by all of these people, drinking, laughing, having a great time. However, they are not his friends. He does not know them, and only has them physically there to hid his own emotional loneliness for another day longer. He does not enjoy these social events; he creates a façade to show otherwise. He is surrounded by all of these people, entirely alone. He wears a smile while he feels eternal loneliness. Instead of being with friends, he is in reality only poisoning himself, and causing everything that could be positive around him to be filled with negative emotions.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 02:14 PM

HelpinHere agrees: Yep, save yourself some work! PS: I see you corrected my spelling! ;)
    I could never forget about having read something that well-written and of such a big help to a struggling ESL student. I may go back to grad school if you will stick around!
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 02:35 PM

Well, thanks much for the compliment!

I didn't think it was that great. I just read the book not too long ago, had a slightly similar project (symbolism), so it was in my head.

You can go back to grad school! I'm not saying we can't use your help, but you should still put yourself first!

Anyway, if your ESL teacher gave you a 1000 word assignment, and only one day to complete it, that is too harsh.
    I wish you luck, but I won't blame you if don't finish, or it isn't the best paper ever written.

Come back and let us know how you did on it after it's due!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 02:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HelpinHere View Post
    You can go back to grad school! I'm not saying we can't use your help, but you should still put yourself first!
    I meant that you are here to help me too should I return to grad school. Maybe, though, one real and one honorary master's degree are enough.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My english essay, how I could improve it? [ 1 Answers ]

... sorry posted in wrong forum, feel free to delete this admins.

Trying to do an essay [ 5 Answers ]

Compare two specific articles of the Magna Carta with articles or amendments found in the U.S. Constitution help me someone please.

Essay [ 1 Answers ]

I need to write an essay to John Hopkins University... any tips to help me out?? :confused: :p :( :o :eek:

View more questions Search