Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dunkonya21 Posts: 42, Reputation: 4

Jul 13, 2009, 09:05 PM
    My past affecting new relationship.
    Well hello everyone I'm running into a problem with the relationship I'm having. I recently got out of a very bad unhealthy relationship which ended in march which that's when I first joined here =) then my mother recently passed away the same month. I'm not looking for sympathy at all just want to kind of explain that I'm not all fully with things as I would be before march.

So anyway I met a girl that I couldn't make any more perfect. I met her right when me and my ex broke up so we've been friends for awhile and finally started dating. Well there's a couple of catches between this She lives an hour away and the only time we talk is at night and we only see each other maybe like once a week. Which is fine because I'm getting my life back together I have school starting up in August.

So to break it down here's my problem. My past relationship I was pretty much treated like crap and was cheated on probably more then I know. We were in a very unhealthy relationship that lasted 2 years and she pretty much lived with me. Now I'm in this relationship I'm not used to being with someone and only seeing them so few of times. I mean we go on skype and webcam but it's not the same as being face to face. But how do I give this girl a fresh start? She hasn't done anything to not get my trust its just I don't want to get hurt. I treat her like she's my ex and going to do the things she did. So if you guys have any pointers I would appreciate it thanks. I do know the advice of taking day by day which I am going to start doing.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 13, 2009, 09:29 PM

I'm very sorry about your string of losses. However, I think getting into another relationship so soon was a bad move. You obviously did not give yourself enough time to heal and cope with the changes going on in your life, and now it's affecting your relationship.

What's worse, is asking for a break to deal with your emotional baggage could prove fatal to the relationship. But it's worth a try. I think you need to get over everything else that ails you before you can really pay adequate attention to someone else and their emotional needs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Past relationship [ 2 Answers ]

I keep having dreams of my ex lover, that we were back together?:rolleyes: :confused:

About my past relationship? [ 6 Answers ]

I lost my virginity,when I was 17 years old,and for 1 year,were always making out and having sex with my ex-boyfriend.But 6 years from now,I've never had a sex with the other guy.Until I've met my fiancé,and were decided to getting married soon.And I don't want him to find out that I'm not a...

Past relationship [ 10 Answers ]

I would like to know if in present relationship you should talk about your past relationship or x girlfriend or boyfriend always? I think is not because its already your past and if she or he talk about it before you should not repeat it that conversation about your x or past relationship again for...

View more questions Search