Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danielcarrei7 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2009, 06:53 PM
    1 st time home buyer
    Want to purchase a home asking price 175,000 been on market for 658 days went to see home realtor said seller are paying 14,000 sewer bett, put an offer of 135 seller came back and said 150 and I pay betterment unsure what to throw back at them for a lower offer? Or little higher and they pay betterment
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 13, 2009, 06:58 PM

What is the appraised value of the home. What are similar homes selling for in the same area.

Not what the homes sold for 2 years ago, but now, have there been foreclosures within the 3 or 4 block area. ** they can bring home values down 10 or 20 percent over night since their foreclsoure value is used as a sale value when finding the value of a home.

What was the asking price 2 years ago when it went on the market.

If the asking price 2 years ago was still 175 K, to be honest the 135 was too high a offer to start with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First time home buyer [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, everyone, I am trying to buy a house in California. I am just wondering if it's possible to have 2 agents working for you at the same time in the same area? Would that create any conflict? Any advice would be appreciated.

First time home buyer [ 8 Answers ]

I did a quick browse here, and one on Google, but I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find out whether the area I am looking at buying a house in has any incentives besides the $8k tax credit. I know a couple years ago, people were talking about how some places were giving a free down...

First time home buyer [ 1 Answers ]

I have bad credit and never owen a home what are my chances?

First Time Home Buyer [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking into buying a home for the first time and I'm not really sure how the first time home buyers program works. If you have poor credit (550) are you still eligible for the first time home buyers program or is that score too low to get a mortgage anywhere??

View more questions Search