Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenlee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2006, 07:10 PM
    Thermostat wiring
    I'm want to install the thermostat on our Electric Furnace.
    The wire leading to the furnace is a two wire (BLACK AND WHITE WIRES)
    It's heat only. The thermostat has a W and an R on the back of the stat.
    The furnace terminal has Y,W,O,C,G,F. The WO has a jumper between them?
    The W has a White wire on the top. The O has a red wire on the top. The C
    Has a yellow wire and the F has a yellow wire on the top. So for heat only
    Where should I connect the black and white wires from the thermostat?

Thanks

Ken
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2006, 05:38 AM
    Sorry but we could use the make and model of the furnace so we can determine what the furnace terminals are.

If I had to guess,I would use F and W at the furnace.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2006, 07:13 PM
    Is it a resistance heat furnace or a heat pump? Normally there is a red wire running from the transformer to an R terminal and then to the R terminal of the thermostat. If you have a volt meter or test light, see if the F terminal has 25 volts to the W, Y, G, and C terminal. If so, connect the black wire to it, and the R terminal at the thermostat. Connect each end of the white to the W terminals.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring New Thermostat [ 0 Answers ]

I'm installing a Honeywell RTH7000 thermostat in a house recently purchased. Not sure of all the technical details and options of HVAC system. It's carrier heatpump 38BYC with a FA4AN air handler (according to the plates), I don't know what options it may or may not have, other than spotting a...

Please Help!-thermostat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I have 5 wires coming out of the wall: blue, yellow, red, white, and green. My thermostat only has 2 wires: red and black. How do I wire them to make my Central Air work?

HELP! Thermostat Wiring [ 3 Answers ]

We just bought an older house and are in the process of replacing 1960's wood paneling with drywall. The thermostat had been "painted" onto the paneling (many times over). After I removed the screws, I had to pry the t'stat away from the wall, which caused the wires to become dislodged from their...

Wiring a new thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

How do I wire a White-Rogers thermostat (Model#1F82-261) to a Goodman Heat Pump (Model#CPKE30-18). I know red wire goes goes to "R" terminal, green wire goes to "G" teminal but I need to know about the white, the yellow, the light blue, and the brown wire. My heat pump is a single stage cooling and...

Thermostat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a Hunter programmable model 44260 and trying to replace an old Honeywell for my heat and air system. The Hunter directions don't talk about a W1 & W2 terminals that the old one has.The Honeywell is wired like this - White wire on W1 ,blue onW2, green on the G, Red on Rc & Rh which are...

View more questions Search