Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    berryboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2009, 04:13 PM
    Wax ring problems
    I have installed one quarter inch laminated floor in my bathroom and I put an over sized wax ring on my toilet but it still leaks. I was told to get an add a flange but do not know how it works. Help
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 04:33 PM

You need to get a spacer and add it to flange see the image below, or thicker wax ring Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 13, 2009, 06:12 PM

John has it, install spacers until you are flush with the new floor, then use a standard ring with a neoprene collar .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight? [ 11 Answers ]

Which dioamond ring should I buy a solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight?

No dial tone when trying to ring out, won't let people ring in! [ 6 Answers ]

I was on the phone when the phone call was cut off and I could only hear a quiet buzzing sound, after this I tried to call my friend back and every time I pick up the phone I can only hear the buzzing sound! I asked my friend to call me instead, she said that it was ringing on her end, but my...

What's the difference between a comitment ring and an engagement ring? [ 13 Answers ]

Can someone please help me here I was wondering what's the difference between a commitment ring and an engagement ring?

The ring [ 22 Answers ]

What is a fair amount to spend on a engagement ring , it seems my girlfriend is looking for something around 8 to 21 thousand , which I feel is a fair bit for a couple just starting. What are your experiences or thoughts?

View more questions Search