Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    r2putter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2009, 03:40 PM
    How to wire a Hunter Fan using an old Harbor Breeze remote
    I've just purchased a new Hunter fan with light assembly and was told I could use the receiver and remote control out of the old Harbor Breeze fan (also with light assembly) that I was replacing. I've wired the old Harbor Breeze receiver to the ceiling wires, black to black and white to white. The other side of the receiver has three wires which are black, white and blue. The new Hunter fan has three wires which are black, white and a black with white stripe. I've attached the black to black, the white to white and because both the blue wire on the receiver and the black with white stripe wire on the Hunter fan was designated as the light, I attached them. The result is I have a new fan that doesn't work. I have a single wall switch designated to the fan, not 1 for the light and another for the fan. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 13, 2009, 06:04 PM

Are there pull chains too? You need to split that white so you have a white to both fan and light kit. Then black to black to power the fan and blue to black strip to power the light. When youturn on your wall switch you should then be able to control both functions with your hand held transmiter
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 01:06 AM

Your wiring sounds correct. Try wiring the fan without the remote/receiver, tell us if it works from the pullchains:

Ceiling fan wiring - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze Remote/Fan [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Harbor Breeze Fan for over a year with no problems. The other day When I put it on via the remote it only would go to one speed and the lite would Not go on... Well I changed the battery and all seemed well... But after a few Days the lite will work with the remote but the fan will not...

Harbor Breeze Fan W/Remote [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased 5 harbor breeze fans w/ remote and no pull chain for my home. Not long after purchase one fan acted like the motor was binding up so I returned it for a replacement model. I ended up having to pay extra to get a fan that was close enough to match my other four fans. Now I have two...

Harbor breeze fan with remote [ 2 Answers ]

I have these remote control fans and lights throughout my house, all are working fine, except one. The remote is fine, if I change the numbers it works in other rooms. Now does anyone know HOW CAN I DISCONNECT REMOTE AND USE IT WITHOUT REMOTE. ANY RESPONSE WILL BE APPRECIATED.

Wiring a Harbor Breeze Universal Remote to a Hunter Ceiling Fan [ 5 Answers ]

Hunter Ceiling Fan Model #: 21871 Harbor Breeze Universal Remote Model # 43147 The Ceiling Fan has: The black & white wires for the motor, And red, pink, yellow & gray wires The Remote has: The black & white wires for the motor, And ONE blue wire for the lights

Harbor breeze fan with hunter remote [ 1 Answers ]

I pulled the fan from another room where it was working fine to put it in another bedroom. When I hook up the wiring according to the receiver I get nothing from the fan. When I bypasseb the remote receiver I got only the fan spinning and the lights wouldn't turn on. I didn't note the wiring when I...

View more questions Search