Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phaedrus69 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2009, 01:16 PM
    Cucumbers not greening up
    Can't get my cucumbers to green up. They get yellow/white away from the vine and just a bit of green at the stem. Unless it rains, I'm watering daily, and fertilizing twice a week with miracle grow. Everything else in the garden is doing great. I've heard they need more water, I've heard they need less, and I've heard I need to put some lime in my soil this fall when the plants are done. The first batch I picked was also very bitter, and I heard that I had picked them early, so I'm letting some go now, but they're not greening up. Right now they're the size of my zuchinni.
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 01:27 PM
    I have had the same problem. I planted mine 3 times and they turned white and died. I think the first couple times was to early in the season and frost hit them. But I am not sure on the watering buy now mine are finally starting to come around. I have had them in for weeks and that haven't grown an inch. Now we are having nonstop rain and they look great.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cucumbers [ 3 Answers ]

How do I keep my cucumbers from being bitter

Tell me about cucumbers? [ 3 Answers ]

I know, you won't find may posts by me in the beauty section, but, here goes. My wife, having seen some local commercials for a day spa, is thinking that she might want to go to one for her first ever beauty treatment. (She really doesn't need an beauty treatment in my opinion!) Anyway, she...

Cucumbers [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, This is the 1st year I am going to grow cucumbers. I have no fence to protect my garden. Does anyone know, if rabbits will eat them? Thanks... John

Cucumbers [ 1 Answers ]

This year for the first time, the cucumbers from my garden are bitter. What is causing this.

View more questions Search