Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdykes Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2009, 12:28 PM
    Wooden Deck/Fence Treatment
    My question is 2 parts:

1: Deck: I have an older deck that has a lot of paint coming up. I have 2 big labs that run across it so the wood is splintered in the higher traffic areas with some deeper grooves. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to it short of replacing the whole deck. The grooves may be too deep to sand and repaint, but I didn't know if there was any type of paint/filler that would help fill in the grooves

2: Fence: I recently pressure washed my wooden fence around my pool (small fence) and it brought it back to life from the green and black color. The wood here is old as well, so I was wondering what the best way to treat this, either with stain or paint, to help preserve it longer as well.

Trying to eek out some more time on these 2 items, any help would be appreciated.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 13, 2009, 12:44 PM

The fence can be stained with something like Thompsons Water Seal Plus Wood Protector . Thompson's Wood Protector, 1 Gal # 11831 by Thompson's Water Seal It comes clear or 5 tints. The deck is a goner from my view. Paint on a deck already, mo good exterior fillers for deck wood. I'd replace with 5/4 pressure treaed pine for a cost advantage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing wooden fence [ 8 Answers ]

I want to hire someone to install a new wooden fence. Like to pay him for the job but curious as to how many hours would it require one person to put in 120 feet of fencing. Includes 15 posts and required 2X4's and 6 inch boards. Posts to be installed with concrete. Two gates. Rough estimate is...

Wooden fence [ 2 Answers ]

How do you anchor galvanized fence post to concrete to erect a fence on a slab

Attaching wooden fence to a tree. [ 4 Answers ]

I'm want to install a stockade fence in my backyard. I have a tree behind in the corner. Should I just attach the fences to the tree or install another post.

View more questions Search