Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bandit_38 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2003, 11:41 AM
    Drop down
    I know I have done this before, And I can't remember how I did it. I would like to eliminate the search history, from the search field when I start to type something it gives a drop down of previous searches. I do not want it to do this- how can I change it?
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Oct 5, 2003, 04:49 PM
    Re: drop down
    You didn't mention what browser you are using, so I will just post the steps for two browsers where I know the exact procedure.

Microsoft internet explorer:

1) Click the "tools" menu
    2) Select "internet options"
    3) Click the "content" tab
    4) Click the "auto complete" button under the personal information heading
    5) In the new dialog box, uncheck all the boxes under "use autocomplete for..."
    6) Press the "clear forms" button
    7) Press the "clear passwords" button

Mozilla Firebird:

1) Click the "tools" menu
    2) Select "options"
    3) Click "privacy"
    4) Under the "saved form information" heading, uncheck "save information I enter in forms and in the search bar"
    5) Under the "saved passwords" header, uncheck "remember passwords"

:)

~psi42
    elina Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2003, 11:01 PM
    Re: drop down
    bandit_38, hi, psi43 is correct about clearing the autocomplete and passwords buttons in MICROSOFT IE browser, but that is not necessary. If you still would like to use the autocomplete option instead of going into IE internet options menu each time you want to delete something, and then going back in to re-enable the buttons, I recommend SYSTEM MECHANIC and WINDOWS WASHER , both of which you can download from www.download.com for 30-day trials each.

With just 1 click of a single button in SYSTEM MECHANIC and WINDOW WASHER, you not only clear all the contents of the drop-down address bar in one swoop, but you also make tracking the address you type in by someone very hard to to trace. In fact, not even your OS system and/or any data snooping-recovery software can find the content your drop-down address and everything else you do on your computer offline or online if you set the security featire in WINDOW WASHER to level 10 or so.

I suggests using SYSTEM MECHANIC 1st to clean out the junk files, and then using WINDOW WASHER TO deep clean your hard drive once and for all, because merely cleaning out your drop-down contents will only clean IE's cache, not MICROSOFT WINDOWS OS secret index.dat files, which is the "blackbox" of your computer, in the same way an airplane has a blackbox to record everything that happened on the airplane while in flight. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't seem to drop a pound [ 4 Answers ]

I have been walking on my treadmill for about a month and a half walk for about forty minutes a day at a speed at 3.5 ,and not eating anything for dinner but baked foods and salad,but I can't seem to loose a pound I snack on sunflower seeds,peanuts and no sugar juices and water, what am I doing...

Voltage Drop [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 20 amp breaker;there are a total of 7 receptacles on this circuit with a 15 amp GFI on the first receptacle. The first 5 receptacles in line work fine, the last two receptacles which are approximately 70 feet from the 5th receptacle flip the 15 amp GFI off when plugging in a drill. I...

9-8 drop? [ 1 Answers ]

Please let me know if there is something called a 9 8 drop in plumbing .it has something to do with the drainage system in kitchens and bathrooms.

Pressure Drop HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

Yesterday, the temperature dropped into the teens in Denver. No hose was connected, yet the valve outside blew after I flushed the toilet at 5am! It sounded like a freight train driving through my basement! We did get a small amount of water in the basement that flooded down the unfinished wall...

Icemaker won't drop ice [ 2 Answers ]

We have a 3yr old SBS GE Artica Profile. The icemaker in it stopped dropping ice. When we pulled out the drawer, there was an ice mound stopping the lever arm. We defrosted the ice mound with a hair dryer. It has had time to cool down, and it has ice in the plate, but it will not drop to the...

View more questions Search