Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BubblyDina Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2009, 01:08 AM
    Im 20 and in need to lose weight!
    Im asian.and we asians are relatively small I guess.and I'm kind of big.like my weight and all.and my mum is worried I won't get married.haha.lol.so I need 2 lose about 20kgs in 3months.how possible is that?I cut down on my food and all.exercise like mad.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 01:28 AM

It is possible.

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you weigh now? Does your mother want you to be the typical "super skinny asian" that has become so prevailant lately?

Is there any specific reason that it has to be three months? Do you have a man you plan to marry in that time?

It isn't all about eating less and excersizing more. To lose more weight, you can try eating more nutritiously, watch your between meal snacking, and drinking water in place of soda, milk, etc.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 03:48 AM

I'm going to impart a secret here,shush don't tell anyone,its an age old recipe for losing weight...
    Listen.are you ready.

Here it is... eat healthy,exercise.

One more thing,do it for YOU.

3 months is a small amount of time to lose a lot of weight, just make a start and see how you get on.

Best of luck,and I'm sure you will be a beautiful bride!
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Jul 13, 2009, 03:57 AM

How do you know you'r soulmate doesn't like thick asian woman?
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 04:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zippit View Post
    how do you know you'r soulmate doesnt like thick asian woman?
    That is a terrible thing to say to someone..

This lady is looking for advice,not to be called 'thick'.
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Jul 13, 2009, 04:43 AM

I didn't call her thick
    What's wrong with being happy with yourself.
    And last I checked thick wasn't a bad word
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 06:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zippit View Post
    i didnt call her thick
    whats wrong with being happy with yourself.
    and last i checked thick wasnt a bad word
    'thick' in ireland means someone who is stupid,fat.

I apologize if I took your meaning up the wrong way.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    'thick' in ireland means someone who is stupid,fat.
    Haha, I was thinking "why did you react like that"?

Lol, where I'm from, "thick" refers to someone barely overweight. In fact, because the society (in USA) is so focused on "the perfect figure", many people here have make "thick" into a compliment...

I don't know zippit's exact meaning behind the word, but that is my input.

Besides, we still need input from the OP before we do anything else.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2009, 11:00 AM

Also, eat lots of fibres. You can get them through vegetables, cereals and fruits. You can have a breakfast with only these and you won't feel hungrier than if you took a normal meal.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 08:11 AM

20kg in 3 months? Might be pretty tough. 5kg a month is really all one can realiztically expect. 1-1.5kg a week (2-3 lbs) is what is considered healthy.

Can it be done healthy? Sure. But its tough and will take a LOT of discipline.

Like redhed35 said... there is a secret... the ELEM plan.

Eat less, exercise more.
    Chey5782 Posts: 423, Reputation: 65

Jul 14, 2009, 08:37 AM
    ROFL at the thick comment. I've been "thick" my whole life and the only time I stress is when I bloat, like every other woman.

Firstly... tell your mom to stop saying things like that to you!! My grandma did that to me and it could have RUINED myself image. I'm too stubborn for it to get to me, but still... Mom may be concerned but tell her to do it with more love less reality.

Okay now.. Not every Asian culture is thin and petite, I grew up as like the ONE white girl in a town of many Asians, and they come in all shapes just like the rest of us. I even know some super tall ones.

As for losing weight, if you are already active, and feel like there isn't much else to do, take a serious look at your diet. You may consume less calories daily, but if you eat things that convert to sugars it is possible it's going to convert to the kinds of fat you don't want. Remember, fat in your diet is good, your brain needs it to survive. If you are not ingesting any at all, it will starve your brain and you will start having moments where you forget things more easily, and break off mid-sentence. Nuts are a GREAT source of good fat, and they help keep you full so you eat less, snack on those after lunch if you get hungry. Avoid salted and honey roasted though.

Avoid sugar! Whole wheat bread and pasta, and NOTHING else. These are not only the most healthy for your body, your body can digest them better. A lot of the issues people have with diet is what to eat, not how to eat.

I am a firm believer in potato chips, so keep in mind, if you are craving it like mad, eat some, just don't eat a ton of it. I feel obligated to say drink more water, because every dietitian known to man will tell you this as well, it helps you to not have bad breath, it helps you stay hydrated, if helps keep something in your stomach so you don't feel as hungry. Personally, if I don't have a coffee, my husband won't come near me.

Did I mention I am thick and I have a husband? Miracles happen! :p Don't beat yourself up about it.
    BubblyDina Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2009, 10:59 AM
    Lol. Thanks a lot!

Well your optimism gets me going there. Haha. My mum is like any other mother I guess. Anyway since the last time I wrote here, I lost about 3 kilos in 3 months. I guess my body is a bit slow when it comes to losing weight.

Most of friends can eat whatever they want, so it's a bit pathetic when I have to diet and they give me weird looks. Haha.

Thanks for the advice though. I know I may sound silly, but asian guys just don't for me because of my size. Lol. Haha.
    Thanks for the advice! Sorry for replying so late. Studying. Haha.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

Best way to lose weight [ 2 Answers ]

I truly need to lose weigth,I startd to gain when I had my two daugthers.. so which is the best way to lose weigh:)

Need to lose weight soon! [ 2 Answers ]

I want to lose weight fast. And I mean quick smart.. I don't want to go to the gym, have pills, go on doctor stuff. I just want to lose weight healthly.. if I cnt do it fast, then how can I lose weight in a few weeks? I'm approx. 62 kilos and I want to lose enough so I'm slim. I want to lose weight...

How to lose weight? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 5ft 5in, 195lbs, I try to workout 3times a week, 30min. I need help nothing is happening any suggestions. I am cutting my calories to 1650 a day. Wendy:mad:

Lose Weight [ 2 Answers ]

Im 12 and I feel fat . I weigh 7 stone and I am about 5ft. Do I need to lose weight ?

View more questions Search