Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soggy bottom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 09:21 PM
    3 electric dryers wont's heat
    I few months ago I bought a house hooked my electric dryer it ran but never heated up. SO I bought a new one from sears same thing then I had one given to me with the same results. I decided that it must be the Breaker so I replaced it with a double 30amp to code just like the one that came out. Guess what same problem it will run but not heat.

FYI the one that was given to me I took back to my buddies house to check it low and behold it ran AND heated.

PLease some one help?!
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2009, 10:02 PM
    How do you know it isn't heating up? Is it because the clothes aren't drying? Is it possible that the vent line is plugged?

If the dryer element is actually not heating, then it must be electrical. If it worked at your buddy's house but it doesn't work at your house, then it has to be something outside of the dryer. Have you checked the electrical outlet to be sure that it has 240 volts present? You replaced the breaker so that's eliminated.
    soggy bottom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2009, 06:47 AM
    Perito,

After allowing the dryer to run for 10 minutes the drum was still cold.

And No I haven't checked the actual plug yet but that's great idea Thanks I will do that when I get home.

Thanks again for the quick response.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 13, 2009, 08:06 AM

I think Perito is on the right track. You must verify that you have 240 at the unit not just in the panel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric Heat & astronomical electric bills [ 3 Answers ]

We just moved into a new home with a Goodman. We are receiving astronomical electric bills. Our previous home was all electric and we didn't have this problem. We called back the contractor and they didn't find anything wrong. I have since found that the thermostat was set to "Comfort" for the...

Electric Heat & astronomical electric bills [ 1 Answers ]

We just moved into a new home with a Goodman. We are receiving astronomical electric bills. Our previous home was all electric and we didn't have this problem. We called back the contractor and they didn't find anything wrong. I have since found that the thermostat was set to "Comfort" for the...

Advantages of converting from propane heat to electric heat for home use [ 1 Answers ]

When is it an advantage to convert from propane heat to electric heat in a residential home? Also could you give me a rough idea of what it costs to make this transition? Thank you. :confused:

Electric Dryers with a gas conversion [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite Dryer but we put a Gas conversion on it 2 years ago because it was an old house and it wasn't set up for an electric dryer. Well since then I have divorced and used another old dryer. The old one died on me and is making a clicking sound. So I would like to take the gas...

Electric heat pump auxilery heat problem [ 4 Answers ]

Equipment: Trane XL1400 4 years old Auxilery heat: Strips... 2 -60Amp circuits Filters changed every 30 days I cleaned outdoor unit summer 2006, as every year. Thermostat: Honeywell Chromotherm II Problem: I have been noticing at times the aux heat kicking in at times I think it should not....

View more questions Search