Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mindymccombs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 08:38 PM
    American engaged to a Brit
    Hi Everyone!

I am engaged to an English man and we're going to be married here in the states, however we will be moving over to England shortly after. I cannot seem to find any clear information on the correct way we can do this. Can anyone help?

Thank you so much to anyone that has any helpful informaton!
    Kadehadaire Posts: 197, Reputation: 10

Jul 21, 2009, 09:58 AM

You will have to register your marriage with the registration office where you will live in the UK with your US marriage certificate in tow as proof. May have to pay a fee, but unlikely.

Just register your marriage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Engaged, But Not Sure. [ 17 Answers ]

Ok, here's the story. By the end of my novel you'll probably hold an opinion of my fiancé, but please try to think with an open mind. So me and her (both in our mid-late 20's) have been together for almost two years and are engaged. She has a child (not mine) and his father is not in the picture so...

SA married to Brit - Schengen Visa? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I am married to a British citizen, I am South African.We would like to travel to the Schengen States as we have both been offered work (letters of employment have been sent to us). I am in the UK on a tourist visa. Do I apply for a schengen visa? I have heard that no visa's will be issued...

I got my Brit on this weekend [ 17 Answers ]

I had ample opportunity to catch up on my movie watching with our long Labor Day weekend here in the US. I took the kids to see Mr. Bean's Holiday and The Queen arrived from Netflix in the mail so I got to immerse myself in British culture (rather, I should say as reflected in film.) I have a...

View more questions Search