Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paloma354 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 02:37 PM
    Need Fair Market Value from 2007
    My mother gave me a quit deed to her house (which is on my land with my own house) in October 2007. Now I'm trying to sell my entire property and found out that the IRS will want the Fair Market Value from that date on my mom's house whenever I sell and file taxes.

My realtor has told me that's too long ago for him to get the Fair Market Value. Does anyone know how else I could determine the FMV on the house from nearly 2 years ago?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2009, 06:59 PM

1) Obtain Today's Market Value from a reputable valuer.
    2) From the Official Statistics Handbook
    obtain the Housing Valuation Index preferably
    a momthly Index.
    3) Use these facts to Calculate the Value.
    It is a very simple procedure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099-A and Fair Market Value [ 1 Answers ]

I have 9 properties and I recently received 3 1099-A stating a balance amount due on the loan . For example, one of my condos had a balance of $130,000 and the FMV (Box 4) stated $145,000. I have County Records showing the Assessed Value of the property is $30,000. Question: Why is the bank...

Fair market value [ 3 Answers ]

I have to do a practice set in accounting, when I got to this transaction it stumped me... What do I debit and credit? How much for? Purchased Land and an office building for $145,000, of which $100,800 was attributable to the fair market value of the building. A $55,000 cash down payment was...

View more questions Search