Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plowboy775 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 01:43 PM
    Smith & wesson revolver 5 shot c. 1880
    I have a S&W 38 cal that is a 5 shot single.dbl action revolver. The serial number is 95138 with the first pat as Jan 17 & 24 65 and the last May 11 & 25 1880. When was this revolver made.
    Also what would the general worth be as there is very little blueing left. It has a wood grip with the checkering worn.
    mazak Posts: 148, Reputation: 5

Jul 12, 2009, 02:02 PM

Is there a model number,any where on it ? Does it look like the one in the link ?

Model 36 "Chief's Special" Smith & Wesson .38 Special Snubby

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Antique Smith & Wesson revolver info needed [ 9 Answers ]

My great-uncle recently passed away and among his guns there is a revolver with a tip-up barrel. It is a .32 caliber with a 3 1/2" barrel, it is nickel plated with pearl grips and bears the serial number 58734. Along the top of the barrel it says Smith&Wesson Springfield, Mass. U.S.A. Pat'D Feb 20...

Silver Dollar 1880 [ 5 Answers ]

I am interested in knowing the value of an 1880 silver dollar, that I have. It's more of a sentimental reason. My great-grandmother had it as part of her coin collection. It is the oldest piece with the next one being a 1905 nickel. I inherited these after she passed away at the age of 94. I...

Old wesson oil @ snowdrift sales col recipe book [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know any thing about a recipe book by wesson oil @ snowdrift co. co. New York, chicago,new orleans, san francisco, savannah, and houston on the front cover at the bottom and shortening shq headquarters at the top. On the side or the binding I'm not sure what it is called it is on...

View more questions Search