Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimosabi_j Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 12:56 PM
    I Need grass in my backyard!
    My backyard is dry and barron. No grass is growing just dirt. I wanted to "start over" and plant new grass. Would tilling the whole yard be a wise move? Ground is unlevel in some areas from crawfish and dogs. If I tilled the ground and leveled the surface would it help?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2009, 01:21 PM
    My backyard is dry and barren. No grass is growing just dirt. I wanted to "start over" and plant new grass. Would tilling the whole yard be a wise move? Ground is unlevel in some areas from crayfish and dogs. If I tilled the ground and leveled the surface would it help?
    Tilling is a good idea. It'll loosen up the soil and help make it easy to plant. Leveling the surface is a good idea because no one wants a lawn with a bunch of holes where people can trip and sprain their ankles. None of this is absolutely essential, however, to the growth of a new lawn. Basically, you need fertile soil, seed, water, and sunshine. If you have all of those ingredients, it should be pretty easy to get a lawn to grow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Backyard neighbor says my dog bit her dog [ 3 Answers ]

My neighbor came over and presented me with a vet bill for 750.00 saying that my dog bit her dog over the fence on the ear and that she saw it happen. My dog did not leave my yard at any time. Her dog has been known to jump the fence and she has an electric fence about 4 ft from the wood fence to...

Backyard Chickens [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I adopted 6 baby chicks. I built them a nice coop and a run in the back yard. I kepts them inside in a brooding coop until they had feathers. Now they are outside in their new coop. I let them out to roam the back yard outside of the run just about everyday. They have been growing very...

Replacing the grass in my lawn with eco-grass [ 1 Answers ]

I want to replace the grass in my lawn with some eco-grass (a blend of fescues, not the astroturf), but I'd like to avoid using Roundup to kill my existing grass. I was thinking of either tilling my entire yard with a rototiller or getting a sod cutter and then flipping the sod over (so I don't...

Parvo in backyard [ 3 Answers ]

We just moved here from germany with two dogs a one year old malimute and a 4 month old pit puppy. We are staying with family and they had a dog in the backyard before we got here who died of parvo and I was wondering how if my pups will get this disease and if so how soon will we notice any signs?...

Backyard mud in dog pen [ 2 Answers ]

I have part of my backyard fenced off for my dog. She has worn down part of the area and now it is all dirt. It becomes a small mud pit when it rains. Any suggestions on how to fix this. Someone suggested filling the area with mulch. Has anyone heard of this?

View more questions Search