Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jwsl4510 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 12:16 PM
    Getting internet through wireless router
    I am trying to hook up my wireless router. I am having trouble using my internet on my computer, yet my laptop will get the wireless connections. Here's what I did:

1: Plugged from computer to WLAN
    2: Plugged the modem into the back of the router where it says too.

I just don't know why I can't get internet on my computer but can on my laptop??
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2009, 02:44 PM
    Does the computer you speak of have wireless capacity?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why can't I get internet connect through my wireless router? [ 6 Answers ]

I am on my 3rd router trying to solve this problem originally thinking it was the brand of router. I now have a netgear router and I am trying to run it on Windows XP system, the problem is this: once inserting the program cd into the desktop and loading it up I have went through all the prompts...

Changing wireless router Linksys WRT54GS to a wired router [ 8 Answers ]

How can I disable my wireless router to a wired router. The model is a Linksys WRT54GS.My two computers are now in one room and do not need to be wireless.I will be using a 50ft. Cable. Does it make any difference if the color of the cable is blue or yellow ?

Wireless Router Connected but "Local" Access to Internet Only [ 1 Answers ]

I recently relocated where I had to change ISP. I am also recently divorced and my ex husband had the key to our Lynksis router, so I used an old verizon wireless to connect.. at the time my ISP was Time Warner, they're not available in my area and I am now using Comcast. Anyhow, I called tech...

Wireless router not working after upgrading internet speed [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I recently upgraded my internet speed to BigPond ADSL 600MB 20000/512 and since then I have been unable to hook up through my wireless router. Is there something I need to change on the computer, modem or router?

Connected to wireless router but no internet [ 2 Answers ]

I am running windows XP home on my notebook. My wife's desktop is connected through the router via and eithernet cable. I can see and connect to the router, but cannot get internet. I keep getting the work offline screen. Please Help. Michael

View more questions Search