Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sleepeazy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 09:39 AM
    Desktop, no boot up but power OK
    Hi all
    My computer crashed a few days ago now nothing is happening. There are specifics to the problem so let me relay. Several mornings the computer was in hibernate mode and would not wake up. Reboot and fine. Then it went to rebooting was fine but computer shut down after 5-10 minutes. Now power up and fans run but no HD light or activity. I know a little of the basics so I checked the power supply. Swapped with a good known supply and same issue. Swapped ribbon cables and battery same thing. Tried power up with everything disconnected but motherboard, nothing. I read that trying to disconnect video card was an option but it's part of the motherboard. Emachine t2616 store bought 3-4 yrs old. Thanks for any guidance!
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jul 12, 2009, 09:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepeazy View Post
    ...Emachine t2616 store bought 3-4 yrs old.
    Given it is an Emachine, I'd speculate the motherboard has failed, but try pulling the memory modules, dusting out the slots, and then reinstalling them and running individually. A Power-On Self Test (POST) diagnostic card (example: Elston Systems, Inc. - POST Diagnostic Test Card) will indicate whether POST is attempted at all and where the process is hanging.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Desktop won't start up, power light blinking orange [ 3 Answers ]

I have a dell dimension e310 desktop computer and one day I tried turning it on by pressing the power button but nothing happened. No fans or other sounds at all. The light on the power button is just blinking orange, once a second. Only had the computer for about 3 years and no problems with it so...

Windows XP won't boot after a power cut. Technical Q [ 3 Answers ]

This is my problem.. After a split second power cut the PC rebooted itself, it booted normally but a new black screen appeared after the Packard Bell "BIOS options F2 and F8" with the following message appeared: "PXE-E61 Media Test Failure Check Cable" Looked this message up on the internet...

Not boot my desktop [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, If u can help me? My desktop was work okey before and suddenly it was hang so I ctrl+alt+del and want to restart my PC but after then its not reboot again... shows me my reset light on and with power light too but system not start... moniter's light blinking but nothing comes up... so...

On boot up,desktop doesn't always appear just background. [ 1 Answers ]

When booting up my desktop soes'nt always open properly,i.e. the background does but without the icons and quick launch bar.sometimes I need to boot up a couple of times before all is as it should be.I run winXP.sorry if this has been answered before,and thanks in advance. Bill.

View more questions Search