Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flopdolly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 02:32 AM
    Do they grant money for free eyelglasses?
    I keep buying those 2.00 reading glasses at the local dollar store but can keep paying for these, I really need full time glasses but have no money for those, how do I apply for a grant to receive an eye exam and glasses for free
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2009, 03:50 AM

Hi, flopdolly!

Until someone comes along to personally address your question, you might want to put the word Eyeglasses in the search function at the top of this page and find links to questions that have been similar to yours to see what some of the answers have been.

Thanks!
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2009, 10:56 AM

I don't know of anything specific, but the Lions Club's primary charity is eyeglass related. If you contact them (google or look for the signs around town) they might be able to help you find the resources you need.

Also, call the local eyeglass places and see if any of them have programs that you may qualify for.

OR... contact a local optometrist (not chain since they generally have rules and such) and offer to work in exchange for eyecare. Remember - they guys are doctors and generally like helping people.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 9, 2009, 06:37 PM

HI there,

I am the Vision Expert on this section, and your post came to my attention. Please follow the link for more answers. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/vision...am-218963.html

I don't know that there are any grants for eyeglasses as they aren't really that expensive. You can also get a custom pair of glasses at walmart for as little as $20.

Also, why are you needing to buy more than one pair of the $1 glasses?
    jwright5162 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 02:22 PM

My eye doctor told me that if you only need glasses for reading, that the glasses you buy at the dollar store or walmart or just as good as what he would be subscribing and much less expensive. He also stated that they DO NOT harm your eyes. So why pay more!
    Vision Expert

Aug 16, 2009, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jwright5162 View Post
    My eye doctor told me that if you only need glasses for reading, that the glasses you buy at the dollar store or walmart or just as good as what he would be subscribing and much less expensive. He also stated that they DO NOT harm your eyes. So why pay more!!
    Your doctor isn't a very good one then. They are NOT the same as what they sell on the shelf. They don't correct astigmatism, prisms, or even the fact that most people have different vision in each eye. Not to mention the fact that they don't take your pupillary distance into account, so they could have aberrations, be off center, tons of other issues seeing as how they are cheapies these things are not taken into account. There's a reason they are sometimes referred to as "cheater readers". Now that's not to say that they aren't better than nothing. Because I will recommend them all day if you need them and that is all that your budget will allow for.
    Vision Expert

Aug 16, 2009, 03:12 PM

**And it's prescribing, not subscribing.

Aug 25, 2009, 03:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, flopdolly!

Until someone comes along to personally address your question, you might want to put the word Eyeglasses in the search function at the top of this page and find links to questions that have been similar to yours to see what some of the answers have been.

Thanks!
    Thank you for the information.
    JoAnna

Aug 25, 2009, 03:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetcg View Post
    I dont know of anything specific, but the Lions Club's primary charity is eyeglass related. If you contact them (google or look for the signs around town) they might be able to help you find the resources you need.

Also, call the local eyeglass places and see if any of them have programs that you may qualify for.

OR... contact a local optometrist (not chain since they generally have rules and such) and offer to work in exchange for eyecare. Remember - they guys are doctors and generally like helping people.
    Thank you, I had forgotten about the Lions Club and offering to work would be interesting as well. JoAnna

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need free money ' Grant ' [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I would like to start my own towing buss , I have looked up all kinds of grants on line but they alwasys aks for a fee,and when I look them up on BBB they don't have any of them listed can someone help me please ?

Free grant money [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, my name is louis123, and I was wondering how do I go about getting free government grant money to start my own home business?

How can I find a grant for my personal use for free? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to find grants that could help me pay for my diesle fuel for my truck, pay mortgage payments to keep me out of default, pay my electric bills to keep my electricity from being cut off, also the same for my water/sewage bill. I want to also fiind grant money to fix up my house,...

Is there any free way to find out how to get a grant? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is Brian Dalton and I have looked all over the place to find a site that can tell me exactly how to apply for a grant so that I can start my own homw business without having to pay 24.99 for a cd or book or anything of that nature.can someone please help.Thank you kindly.

Free grant guide [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get a free grant guide?

View more questions Search