Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azreen89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2009, 08:27 PM
    Early earth
    How the earth happen.. please tell from the beginning it happen until now..
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 11, 2009, 08:28 PM
    It all depends on your beliefs.

Either it was the big bang theory or God created the heavens and earth in 6 days with the 7th day of rest.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 11, 2009, 08:37 PM

Sorry but your question is so open, and almost silly to be honest since it would take 1000's of pages to even get close to explan "everything" that has happened.ss
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2009, 08:51 PM

Google it...
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2009, 04:22 AM

Hi, azreen89!

What specific things are you wanting to know, please? Also, is this for some kind of assignment?

Thanks!
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 02:22 PM

Hi Azreen89,

That's a great question. The Earth formed about 4.5 billion years ago as part of the formation of the solar system--the Sun and the planets.

What follows is a very simplistic version of what happened--you can read in more detail at Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Earth) But basically a whirling cloud of gas and dust condensed to form the sun and flattened out --like spinning pizza dough :). The outer parts of this spinning mass gradually condensed into planets--small dense rocky planets toward the inside, massive gas planets toward the outside.

Once the Earth solidified (from molten rock), it wasn't long before it cooled off and the oceans formed. There's fairly good evidence that something hit the Earth early on, knocking a big chunk of it out into space. That big chunk is the Moon!

I recommend the book The Big Splat, if you want to know more about the formation of the moon.

I hope this starts to answer some of your questions.
    Cheers,
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2009, 05:20 AM

Start here:
    Timelines of History, Today in History, World History
    If you don't want to look through all that, then maybe all on one Poster would help:
    World History Timeline — World History Timeline Chart
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2009, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando View Post

Cool. So nice that someone took the time to construct these. It is too bad that the listings aren't referenced, since it would be nice to see what the information is based on, how recent, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early morning/afternoon Nature show in the early-mid 90s. [ 2 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP! Ive been trying to remember the name of this nature show I used to watch on TV as a kid. It was really low-tech and basically had one guy in it. I remember watching it in the early 90's, maybe on Nickelodeon, PBS, or some other children's programming station, but the filming style is...

What on earth. [ 2 Answers ]

KB907436... why do not operate... my MS Window... How can I solve this resist.. :(

A New Earth - What do you think? [ 19 Answers ]

For those of you that are following Oprah and Eckhart Tolle's , A New Earth what you think about it. Personally, I love it. Long ago, I knew that organized religion was not for me. It seem to come down to someone or something (Bible) dictating what you are to believe. Belief is something...

Rate at which moon obits the earth assuming distance between moon and earth is 382,00 [ 3 Answers ]

What is the rate that the moon orbits the earth assuming the distance between the moon and the earth is 382,000,000 meters. Should I derive from Distance=RatexTime?

About earth. [ 1 Answers ]

Why people will be thrown eastwards it earth stops rotating... and why people at equator will suffer the worst?

View more questions Search